1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets take Montrezl Harrell with the 32nd pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Do you like the pick?

1. YES

395 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. NO

80 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

His nick is Monstrez, half Montrezl, half monster. How cool is that!?!

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

This! Then westbrook summer 2017.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Can't wait to watch this guy dunk all over summer league.

4. csc177

csc177 Member

Kenneth Faried 2.0? I'll take it

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets 2 round pick Montrezl Harrell has signed a 4-year deal according to a source.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/618479091499466752">July 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Good, glad we didn't get KJ McDaniel'd. Glad these guys will be in the summer league. I wonder what Morey used to sign Harrell.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Woj : check that.

8. Misigns

Misigns Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="es"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My apologies miscommunication on my part. Montrezl Harrell has not signed with the Rockets. My apologies for any confusion this caused.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/618486209413672961">julio 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Watkins is a moron, only good for op ed pieces. He always gets it wrong.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What the hell? Where's this animosity coming from

He obviously meant Dekker

Not a big deal

#370 shastarocket, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

What makes you say Anthony Mason was particularly athletic? Strong as hell, but I don't know about athletic. He was never going to compete with Antonio McDyess in a jumping contest, that is for sure. And Mason was tremendously skilled. One of the best examples of a point forward I've ever seen. So I think you're picking a bad player for your point.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is virtually nothing going on in the offseason so curious what Monty is doing ....

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

DM will be McDanieled...

14. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I make it sound like it is. Undersized power forwards who can play three to four positions are a hot item in the NBA, and the trend all teams seem to be leaning toward. Grandma on green is not A player who can actually guard five positions, he is an undersized power forward or a slower 4 who does a lot of things sbove average, but nothing exceptional. If he is not on the best 3 point shooting team in history, he is merely an afterthought instead of a ridiculously overpaid tween er who now is being paid more than the league mvp and many others who are more deserving of such an inflated contract. you can guard three positions, but the Warriors have to have someone play against the center or the point guard when they run out 5 guys who are quick, but not over or under sized, long ball shooterrs and other guys usually faster than the guys they are supposed to be guarding. Ya the small Ball lineup was successful against a rockets team missing two starters and a Cavaliers team missing two starters and half its bench. Golden state was the only team this year to not suffer any kind of significant injury and lose many games from valuable starters. Small ball is a fad, and they will not win again. Don't doubt my knowledge.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

A steal of a pick!!

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

He's our beastmode... he's our young Draymond Green! he's the real deal!! Best draft pick by Morey so far, I'll give him that.