1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Sarcasm detector broken.

2. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

In another scoop you can only get from Cyberx; The Rockets will have competition from 29 other teams for Durant's services in 2016 as even the 76ers and Timberwolves will try to get an audience with the former MVP. A stunned Daryl Morey was extremely disappointed to find out this news thinking he had exclusive negotiating rights and has reached out to Clutch for reinstatement to the CLutchfans website. Dave Hardisty, founder of the iconic fan based website where the legendary Cyberx posts his pearls of wisdom, banned Morey because his tip jar contribution bounced. A saddened Morey stated "had I not had signed PG Mo Williams with the full MLE, as Clutchfans members were clamouring for, I would have had money left and I would still be allowed on Clutchfans!! Clutch: Please call me!!" With that, a defeated and broken Morey whimpered out of the interview room head twitching crying "Cyberx Paging Cyberx"

Cyberx, believed to be a direct descendent of Nostradamus' maid, could not be reached for comment. The popular reclusive basketball holy man, long rumored to be Yahoo Sports exclusive source for breaking news, can be found only on Clutchfans in his Epic never ending thread titled "Cyberx Paging Cyberx" where devoted worshipers from all over the world post in hopes the demigod of hoops scoops will touch their lives. Other bold predictions Cyberx has been credited with include water will get you wet if you fall in, the sun will rise in the East sometime next week, and Dwight Howard will father more children out of wedlock in the near future. How does he do it!!

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

will morey be down in the dumps 364 days from now?

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Well of course they will so why are you asking cyberx. Lol I mean it's not Rocket science.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I highly highly highly doubt Durant will come here. He'll re-sign with OKC. It'll be Melo/LMA part 2.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He will flip us the bird like bosh, bron and Melo.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Why would Durant stay? Westbrook certainly won't be.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This happens every year with Rockets, once their pipe dream star leaves us dry then we miss out on even more players because of that. I expect no different this year.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

who the hell have we missed on besides LMA?

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Most of the people here didn't want LMA, comparing hm to Durant is apples to oranges, literally. And it's not like Morey waited for Aldridge to decide, he just got one with re-signing people independent to it. Personally given some of the things i've heard (and seen in one case) it almost felt like pursuing Aldridge was going through the motions with no real intent.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

I hope you are wrong before that thread reaches 100million views and 30000000 pages , something will eventually happen...

12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Carmelo, Chris Bosh just to name a couple.

13. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Another colossal waste of time.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And Kyle Lowry. The Rockets did get Dwight the second time around, but otherwise the whole "signing superstar free agents" plan rarely pans out. Not that I have a problem with Morey doing what he can to put the Rockets in the best position possible to sign Durant next summer, but I don't want it to happen at the expense of going for a title this season.

Besides, as the Spurs just showed(and the Rockets did a year ago), it's not that difficult to trade away players in order to clear capspace if necessary. So they better not nickel and dime their way through the 2015-16 season just to maintain "flexibility". I've said all along that I can't think of a better pitch to Kevin Durant than to offer him the chance to join the defending champs.

15. anchel

anchel Member

I would go for Mike Conley as a 1st opyion ahead of Durant, offering of course a max contract. Make him feel wanted, and he may be signable if Grizzlies do not progress this season.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I still think not going harder after Lowry was a total mistake, a rarity by Morey. With two stars in place, Lowry would've legitimately solidified our roster at a position of need. Hindsight is 20/20 and yes, Lowry signed very early in free agency, but I think we had a MUCH greater shot at him. But once we told him that we were going to wait on Melo, we lost out.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mark Gasol, Chris Paul, Dwight.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I was just thinking last night how it shut down this opportunity...

but wait..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One more tidbit: Sources say Lawson has agreed as condition of trade to make the final year of his contract -- 2016-17 -- non-guaranteed.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/623241514806808576">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

[​IMG]

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn, I think Basketballholic just came through.

I give you respect, on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.