1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Point Guard Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Jul 5, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

yup. I agree. I think the Bucks are about to make a trade with the Bulls or the Rockets. Or another team that needs a backup pg but I don't know which.

2. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

That was your first post after registering in 2013?

By the way, never google image Fournier's gangrene at work. Or anywhere, for that matter.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean between the Bucks, Raptors and Celtics all being clogged up at the guard position, Houston is bound to land someone I would think.

Still got my eye on Bradley

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

[​IMG]

5. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Dude WTF!!! that was disgusting. You were right do not Google that

6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO YOU

7. xyldsg

xyldsg Member

Yes,I'm THE LONG SLEEPER of the forum.
    I usually just watch your discuss.
    We need playmaker and 3pt shooters.
    I suggust Fournier and Hollis Thompson will be good fits to us.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

WTF CANNOT UNSEE

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love Fournier on Rockets, but is he on the block? I thought Orlando loves this kid. Why not just woo our own international player, Alessandro Gentile? He is also a big guard who can score and handle the ball.

10. xyldsg

xyldsg Member

I love Gentlile too,but he just sign a new deal with Milan for next three years.I think it's hard to bring him to Hou this summer.BTW,Gentlile is a 2 but like a small foward.And Fournier is a 2 with some pg skills.

11. xyldsg

xyldsg Member

Orando already have some better prospects at 1/2/3,such as Payton/Oladipo/Hezonjia/Gordon/Harris.They may be interests in TJones.
    I would love to see to trade Jones for Fournier.

1 person likes this.
  12. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fournier for TJones is interesting but why would Orlando bite?

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Miami has Mario Chalmers (who people seem to mention a lot), they have Goran Dragic, and Shabazz Napier. I think Napier would be a nice backup. His downsides are his turnovers and low 2 pt FG%, but his 3 pt % isn't too bad at all. He looks to be a slick passer and has that type of quickness I think you need to guard Curry. With making Bev our starter (with all that money), I'm thinking we look for his backup.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1hl8lXrZ8I0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Jones and Fournier are very comparable in terms of value. Similar numbers, similar draft position (shouldn't matter but it convinces people of that player's ceiling), similar age, etc.

The reason they would consider it is roster balance. They have Payton, Oladipo, and Hezonja that all play in his position (SG/PG) and are all young guys with greater potential that Orlando wants to develop. They're stacked at SF too with Tobias Harris and Aaron Gordon. Gordon's showing himself to be much more of a 3, and Tobias is ideally a 3 but can play the 4 in small lineups. They just don't really have young talent at the 4 spot. It's Frye and scraps.

No point in hanging onto a guy that won't play because of roster imbalance when you can sort out the balance and get a player very comparable, but at a position of need.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tobias Harris is an above average 3, but could be Draymond Green like at 4. Orlando doesn't have enough 3 point threats unless Harris plays the 4 and Hezonjia the 3. Payton and Oladipo at 1 and 2 with Gordon, Frye and Fournier off the bench. Orlando has money to sign a vet like Boozer, not seeing that need to trade versatile player like Fournier for TJ.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like him and I think you're right, it makes sense for both sides if you're just trying to make a trade. My concern is if Evan helps us beat Curry. We're good enough to beat everyone in the league, but not Curry...yet. We need someone fast enough to be able to stay with him. Match him step for step. That or a smarter and longer point guard.

18. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Incoming Players

Mario Chalmers
    29 year old, 6-2, 190 lb G from Kansas
    No games yet played in 2015-2016

Shabazz Napier
    23 year old, 6-1, 175 lb PG from Connecticut

Outgoing Players

Kostas Papanikolaou
    24 year old, 6-8, 225 lb PF from Olympiacos (Greece)

Terrence Jones
    23 year old, 6-9, 252 lb PF from Kentucky

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Terry hopes to land with the Mavericks
    <a href="http://t.co/M1UUM0hAwL">http://t.co/M1UUM0hAwL</a></p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/618487885205901313">July 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lmao Jason Terry