1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What channels do I need to watch all the Rockets regular season+playoff games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Icepiano, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Hi all,

I recently moved to a new apartment in NJ and just installed Verizon Fios TV. I was wondering what channels I should get in order to watch all rockets games this season. Will ABC+TNT+ESPN+NBA TV be enough? Or do I have to but a League Pass as well?

Basically, I'm looking for the best/cheapest combination of channels/services that will allow me watch all the games.

Help is appreciated :grin:

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you are out of the Houston area, you will not get non-nationally televised games.

You will need the NBA league pass or Ballstreams.

League pass is expensive, and not the best quality.

Ballstreams is cheaper and a better product, but is not exactly legit, so you do run the risk it being shut off.

1 person likes this.
  3. bmd

bmd Member

You will not get the local Rockets' games if you live in New Jersey. You get the games that come on ESPN, TNT, ABC, and NBA TV... which is about 30 games per year.

If you want to watch ALL of the Rockets games, you have to get NBA League Pass. The prices are:

$199 for a league pass... meaning you can watch every NBA game for any team for the season.

$119 for a team pass... meaning you can watch every game from a particular team... like the Rockets.

Or you can go the not-so-legal route, and look into ballstreams. It is the same as League Pass, except instead of paying $199, you pay about $60. But it's not exactly legal. It's a gray area.

1 person likes this.
  4. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Thank you! If I do purchase league pass team pass or ballstream pass will I be able to watch "every" rockets game? Because I remember reading on the League Pass terms that some games will be blocked from League pass because they are on national TV---is that true? If that's the case I'd have to get all those channels(ESPN, TNT, ABC,NBA TV...) PLUS league pass or ballstream :(. $$$$$$

5. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Btw, I don't watch other sports. Only the NBA and usually only the Rockets...that's why I don't even have ESPN or other sports channels on my TV plan currently. I am only getting the channels for my Rockets :grin:

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

NBA TV games are also blacked out so make sure to take that into account. I had LP last year and the quality was A+. No buffering, nada. You can watch NBA on TNT games for free but the camera angles are weird. It's an interactive scoreboard. You can also borrow someone cable log in.

7. atxjames

atxjames Member

I live in austin and had nba league pass for a couple of years. i hated that some games where blacked out (i didn't have cable) and that i had to wait hours to watch a game after its over for it to be archived.

I got ballstream last year and it rocks. No waiting. They have live games or DVR games where it will start from the beginning if you happen to start watching it in the middle. I will be renewing my subscription this year for sure.

8. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Cool, so does ballstream include every game including those that are blacked out on LP? sounds like a good deal!

9. bmd

bmd Member

Yes, Ballstreams shows every game. You can watch both the Home and Away feeds, and you can go back and watch replays of any game played from every team during the season.

10. Icepiano

Icepiano Member

Sounds like the best option to me.Although I just went there and they are not open to public subscription anymore :mad: So I have to wait till they "invite" me. Anyways, THANK YOU ALL!!!

11. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I just signed up there for the first time. It took 4 or 5 days before I received my invitation...so be patient.

12. bmd

bmd Member

I think it always says that. It might take a few days or something. I don't remember.

13. rocketseagles07

I live in San Antonio and I never had any blackout issues with league pass but that's just me though

14. Swack

Swack Member

Does anyone know if you can watch all the games with cable cutting services like Roku or Apple TV?

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

League pass sucks.... bad quality + plenty of blackouts depending on where you live.

Ballstreams is the way to go but during anticipated matchups, there was a lot of lag last year but its still better than league pass because of the price.

16. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

If you have a ROKU 3 you can add Ballstreams as one of your channels and watch it on whatever TV you have. 55 inch Samsung here.

I just added it to mine, all I have to do is sign up and it will be there.

Is the quality and ease of use good for Ballstreams?

The donation is $39.99 for 3 months and $59.98 for 6 months.

Not sure how it actually works but it is already added on my ROKU 3.

Sent for my invite.

#16 BoneYardDog, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  17. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

1 team nba league pass for my Xbox one
    Sling tv for my other channels

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Not sure why everyone is telling you league pass is bad quality. You have Verizon FIOS which has the best HD in the nation. Everyone is under the impression you're going to be using league pass broadband.

Order league pass through Verizon and the quality will be superior to any stream.

19. Chamillionaire

Google -> Reddit NBA streams :cool:

20. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Just signed up for ballstreams for six months.

On Roku3

Logged in and looked at what was available.

Very impressed with video quality on my Samsung 55 inch.

You select any team you are interested in watching and they automatically show you what is available to watch. I selected the Rockets and have all of last years games including the playoffs. Only 1 summer game for the Rockets.

You can watch the whole game as shown live including commercials. Of course you can skip ahead or go back as you like.

You can also select "condensed game" or just the game highlights. I guess if you have the time and interest you can watch every game for every team.

I am really excited because I did not have the opportunity to watch hardly any Rocket games over the last 2 years.

Like I said the quality is suprisingly good and no buffering, but I have a really good network and pretty high end cable input from Comcast.

So looking forward to the preseason and regular season games.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Ballstreams.

It freaking rocks.

Edited to add what they offer:

Live NBA Summer League Games
    Live NBA Pre-Season Games
    Live NBA Regular Season Games
    Live NBA Post Season Games
    Live NBA© All-Star Game
    Live NBA© Draft
    Live NBA© Player Awards
    Live NCAA Final Four Tournament Games
    Live Olympics
    On-demand Games