1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Ever since the ASB this guy has been awesome. Moving him into the starting line-up was a great move by McHale and glad coach didn't force it, but stayed patient with TJ. The eye test alone should tell every Rockets fan that the guy is back: he's blocking shots like a mad man, rebounding, hustling, getting easy buckets, handling the ball like before, hitting the glass and proving a spark.
    Here are the stats per game to prove it:

12.2 pts
    10.2 rebounds
    3.5 blocks

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

He looked great, he was doing classic T-Jones things all night. Patient at the rim to get the ball on the backboard instead of flinging it up. One of the few on the team who was completely unafraid of Deandre Jordan. And, of course, the shot blocking.

Couldn't have come back strong at a better time.

3. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

So glad he recovered from the scary injury. but who is the odd man out once dwight comes back and sucks up 30 min game ? also who will get the remaining priority minutes next to dwight ? you can make a real argument for all 3. All have unique and valuable skills sets.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he will develop a jump shot in the off season, and improve his free throw percentage. That would be amazing.

Go Terrence Go!

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We know he's black.

6 people like this.
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

he's all muscle and hustle. ooh I need to give that one to Clyde

[​IMG]

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I thought that's what the title said too!

But yeah, he's back like he never left. Don't call it a comeback... Ef it, call it a comeback.

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

He da real MVP?

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, it's funny...cause in his absence I had come to the conclusion that Dmo had surpassed him...in about one week worth of games since he's been back I don't even think I can say that anymore.

In a roundabout way his injury I think has helped the Rockets. It allowed Dmo to get the playing time necessary to get to the next level. We now have two young, very good, versatile big men.

1 person likes this.
  10. Zbed

Zbed Member

I remember when the PF spot was a big question mark for this team and now we have 3 starting caliber PF's it is a huge luxury to have TJ/Smoove/Dmo in the lineup because all three can easily start but are sacrificing for the team and Smoove/TJ are great sparks off the bench.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Something something Aldridge

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He still has a few bone-head moments (throwing the ball off of Jsmoove's back) each game but the hustle and focus are definitely there. If he can just calm down, see the game and react he can be something special.

Even in his current form, he is a huge plus on the court.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

So glad he is back on the court. Now wait for Dwight and Jones to get back.

14. CertifiedTroll

The announcers were saying how his bench press increased a ton while he was gone. Good work ethic! (I don't remember the exact numbers Bullard said)

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I haven't been focusing my eyes too much on him lately, but I've not noticed him making defensive lapses since being back. He's a great addition to the offense.

16. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

That upper body strength is going to help down low. Still a bit worried about his post defense against long PFs like LMA.

17. DJ

DJ Member

Me three. At first glance that's what it looked like it said

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

b-b-b-but Jopat told all of us that he would be traded for sure :(

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

And that is a really big deal. He actually looks bigger and stronger. Gives us a much better chance in the playoffs.

20. buck711

buck711 Member

When Dwight gets back we will have a 4 man plug and play big man rotation. Whatever the match up calls for.