1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1%ers think its plebeian to rely on 'income.' The tranche might start low but it ends in people worth billions.

Sounds like you need to vote for Trump!

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's going to have to offer some policy stances at some point, right?

http://time.com/4034278/donald-trump-texas-rally/

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What kind of ratings do you think "The Surreal Life:Whitehouse" could pull? He cold fill all the cabinet positions with d-list has beens and have them all move in the West Wing.

It could be bigger than the Super Bowl.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Fwiw no one has really offered anything in depth but he has offered up ideas that establish him as a populist and certainly different than the rest of the Republican field in my eyes. It's odd to say that Trump is populist but he kind of is with the ideas he has put forth.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

What policy has Hillary Clinton put forth?

Trump has put out his immigration policy and said he will release his tax plan in 3 weeks

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Hillary came out today against rape. Your move Sanders

7. Classic

Classic Member

Since when has a lack of policy 16 months in advance of an election ever been an issue with politicians in general? Funny the media tries to spin rhetoric as anti-ordinary

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nobody has ever come forward with great as a blanket policy like some kind of eight year old.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Either that, or just reward a bunch of government contracts and land or mineral rights to shell companies.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I F'n knew it!

[​IMG]

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Ok, I have to rant a bit on the latest Trump nonsense:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d6Jot3qB3pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What in the holy hell is wrong with the people supporting this guy. Look, this country has a lot of issues -- we can almost all agree on that -- the small Muslim population in the country is not the cause of them though. That is just idiotic. And this guy asking Trump the question, he thinks we need to "get rid of" Muslims in this country? How is that going to solve any of the issues we are all dealing with?

And Trump doesn't disagree with him, or say something about how there are good Muslims in this country that he hopes will support him, or anything to mitigate the racism and nationalistic xenophobia being expressed -- he just says that "bad things are happening" and "a lot of people are saying that" and "we are going to be looking at a lot of different things" -- that could be taken as tacit approval or acceptance of what that idiot in the audience was saying.

Not only is this ignorant, cowardly and pandering on Trump's part, but it could help some of his more racist supporters justify irresponsible and reprehensible behavior toward Muslim citizens -- similar to what happened to the homeless Mexican man in Boston.

I don't want to throw the term fascist out irresponsibly, but, can someone please tell me how a person who is appealing to traditionalist and conservative people, but not with conservative economic policies, but rather with xenophobic and nationalistic rhetoric of revitalizing the country to a supposedly better era via racist and ethnic focused policies -- how is that not seen as fascistic?

Whether he wins the nomination or not, the extent of his popularity in this country is concerning to me. What in the heck could be wrong with my fellow Americans to where a man such as this is an attractive candidate to them.

I typically say that Republicans and Democrats are pretty much the same thing, and that one is just as bad as the other -- if Republicans nominate Trump though, I am not sure I'll be able to say that any more.

1 person likes this.
  12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Can't this is too surprising. You have to question the intelligence of anyone who wants to vote for Trump.

Donald Trump’s surge is all about less-educated Americans

"In the last few weeks, Americans (and the media) have watched in awe as a New York real estate magnate prone to bellicose behavior and hyperbole has become the GOP's leading candidate for the White House.

But how did this come to be? A lot of it has to do with education.

Trump's support is strongest with Republicans in the Midwest, conservatives across the country who do not have a college degree and (perhaps not surprisingly) those who report the most negative views of immigration and Mexican immigrants in particular, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released last week.

To be clear, the poll found that 60 percent of all Americans support the idea of offering undocumented immigrants currently in the United States some form of legal status, and 57 percent told pollsters they believe that immigrants strengthen the country. But there are plenty of people who see things differently. And those people appear to be concentrated among whites, Republicans and those with lower levels of education. Take note of the peaks below."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...reliant-on-less-educated-americans-heres-why/

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I wonder how many people would vote for him just because he wins the nomination? There is a very real rift between the left and right. I'd NEVER vote for a Republican. Ever. Ever. Never.

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's 2016, and Trump is still dominating the polls.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep..._republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

I laughed at the forced displays of smugness when this thread started, and I'm still laughing today. The facade has been lifted, and you ladies can't help but publicly show how flustered you are.

Maybe I should put my shirt back on.

Or maybe not.

Get ready for a new era. Prepare your little PC minds for the first real President since Billy Clinton.

Trump, 2016.

Yes. We. Can.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No. We. Shouldn't.

The final 2 real candidates are Cruz and Rubio, soon they'll pick between them and that'll be that.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is being anti-pc basically ****ting out vague platitudes with no nuance?

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i would bet every single thing i own that trump will not be the next prez.

unless he somehow improbably wins the R primaries, there would have to be a huge scandal on the Dems side to lift him to the whitehouse.

this also shows that a portion of the republican voters are even somehow dumber than i ever thought they could be.

bravo

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

muslim women at trump rally just sitting there gets heckled by his racist supporters, and of course they end up kicking her out

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Enjoy your burger, racist,&quot; woman shouts at Donald Trump in New Hampshire diner <a href="https://t.co/KTscv4zlRb">https://t.co/KTscv4zlRb</a> <a href="https://t.co/j7C6HJeten">pic.twitter.com/j7C6HJeten</a></p>&mdash; ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) <a href="https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/686987267097772032">January 12, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

She sure showed him