1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

I hate Christmas. (hmm no, I hate holidays in general).

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCity3, Dec 24, 2010.

1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Being in a single famliy sucks, I have to cook, clean and everything.
    Especially when there is no school, I have to do more.
    Since I generally don't open to people, I don't have much friend.
    This is me, sitting in front of a computer, all day, with tons essays to write for scholarships.

I know complaining might as well make it worse, but what can I do?

I don't have a life, really. I admire people who can just be happy, even without someone to love them, or money to spend.

All I have is the Rockets, and Liverpool FC. They are the reason that I'm still alive, I want to see them winning championships, before I die.

Oh well, wish you guys a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

2 people like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bah Humbug..

I can sympathize with you. I am spending it with family but this holiday season has been more of a hassle than usual. Have been having to deal with some family issues and we have had a ton of snow up here in the upper Midwest so having to deal with weather. In the best of times I don't enjoy shopping and especially don't like dealing with jostling crowds while being blasted with Christmas music.

In fact I am waiting for the snow to stop so I can go out and shovel and buy one more gift.

:mad:

1 person likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get yourself a bottle of Jack for Christmas... :grin:

4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Have you thought about making a gift by you own..you don't always have to buy them right...? or you have to buy it since it is what they demand..

5. VanityHalfBlack

That is why Halloween is the greatest single day ever in the entire year...

6. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I feel you. When you are a kid the adults always rally around you to make Christmas special for you and Christmas is, for most kids, really special. As an adult you have financial stress, familial stress, personal dysfunction.

If you don't have a traditional nuclear family, it seems like the television blasts that ideal at you 24/7 even more so this time of year than normal.

If you are a Christian, then your faith can be especially comforting this time of year. However, if you show a smidgen of doubt or any gaps in the expected happiness and joviality you are supposed to show this time of year...then your fellow Christians will be quick to accuse you of "Forgetting the reason for the season."

I tried to make some backdoor deals with some people on my gift list to "let's not exchange gifts this year. I am having a hard time financially." But I know what will happen "I know, we agreed not to exchange...but I wanted to get you some little something because I love you." Which means well but sends the psychological message that they love me more.

Frankly I am going to be happy to see my brother and my girlfriends nephews otherwise somebody please wake me when it is December 26th.

1 person likes this.
  7. Prince

Prince Member

remember the song....

oh the weather outside is frightfulll....

and i brought some p*rn for popping..

8. what

what Member

I think you are conflicted. It sounds like you hate that you don't have any friends (for christmas) and not actually hating christmas itself. Because christmas is at least one of a couple of a handful of holidays that REQUIRE family and friends.

If you don't like that, do something about it.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

try giving some of your time this season to a charity or a homeless shelter.

it will make you feel very good and bring some meaning to the season...

hang in there, Scrooge!

1 person likes this.
  10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

11. SunsRocketsfan

let it c*m... let it c*m... let it c*m.....

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea when you dont get anything it can suck.

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Listen to the Blues. It'll make you feel better...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-ep2MXWPG8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-ep2MXWPG8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Here's another...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6Jt8vuLt40?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6Jt8vuLt40?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

and another...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/llxSoKLG-i4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/llxSoKLG-i4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

This is a post from christmas past... We were all happy and full of life once.
    :flashing back to 1995 to the rockets victory parade:

Feliz Navidad,cheer up clutch city.

16. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

I don't mean to be a downer, but, be happy with what you have.

I received a call from a friend a few days ago and she tells me her bf of 3 years is kicking her out of the house. (Who kicks someone out just before Christmas?) She estranged with her family so she can't stay there. She doesn't have much money so she can't even stay in a Motel. She's scrambling to find a place to stay and, had only one offer with her sleazy long ago ex, under the condition she sleep with him.

Long story short. I called up another friend and asked if she can rent an extra room from him. I'm going to be paying for her very discounted rent two months (it should be enough time for her to find a job). I would offer for her to say at my house, but my gf has always felt a little threatened by her.

For Christmas, she's hanging out with my family. She says I'm her Santa Claus :)

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I thought about it and have but the relatives I am buying for are either too young to appreciate it and their parents are to put it frankly, materialistic.

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

A female friend of mine pointed out the other day that that the lyrics of that song sound like they are about date rape.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i think the idea of gift giving BECAUSE it is christmas is stupid. it just stinks of insincerity. oh look, i'll get you something because you got me something. yeah! :rolleyes: unfortunately, no one else around me seems to share the same sentiments. people just label me a cheap ass. yea, well at least i dont have to shop for crap i never would have otherwise bought for someone i dont really care for.

people don't appreciate xmas gifts like they do when you give them on a whim. surprise someone with it, and they'll remember.

1 person likes this.
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.