1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shannon Brown Sued for "Sex-Related Incident"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JuanValdez, Jun 1, 2009.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4219580

[rquoter]Lakers guard Brown sued by woman

Los Angeles Lakers point guard Shannon Brown is being sued in civil court for an alleged sex-related incident with a woman in Denver, Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein confirmed to ESPN's Shelley Smith on Sunday.

Bartelstein said the suit stems from an incident when Brown was playing for the Charlotte Bobcats, who played in Denver on Jan. 30. Brown was traded to the Lakers on Feb. 7. Bartelstein said that within 24-48 hours after the woman filed a police report, Denver police fully investigated her claims and "did not even pursue it. Prosecutors found nothing to pursue."

Bartelstein said the Bobcats were told immediately of the incident and team security staff conducted its own investigation and "came to the same conclusion." In addition, he said Brown also hired a private investigator to look into the woman's claims "to know all the facts."

"There was absolutely nothing to it," Bartelstein said. "I find it very interesting all of a sudden Shannon Brown has some success and someone decides to sue him civilly. People can draw their own conclusions. I stand by Shannon Brown. Everything Shannon has said to me as to what happened, the prosecutor verifies."

Bartelstein said he and Brown first learned of the civil suit when Brown was served papers in Denver on Friday as the Lakers closed out the Denver Nuggets in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals.

"The truth is going to come out. I didn't do nothing. I'm innocent and we're just going to let it takes its course," Brown said.

The Lakers were not told about the alleged incident during trade talks in February, Bartelstein said, because police never pursued it and they considered it a "nonissue."

Lakers vice president of public relations John Black confirmed that papers were served and said the Lakers consider this a "private legal matter" and would not comment.

Brown averaged 3.2 points per game in 18 regular-season games with the Lakers. He added 1.1 rebounds per game and 0.6 assists. He shot 52.4 percent on field goals; 66.7 percent from the 3-point line.

In the playoffs, Brown has averaged 5.7 points per game with 1.3 rebounds and 0.7 assists.[/rquoter]

What exactly do they mean by "sex-related incident?"

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's a civil suit. The incident was dismissed by the authorities. Sounds like a money grab to me

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Kobe put a great influence on these guys... even the same damn city.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what about timing of it? while the lakers are trying top eliminate the nuggets..

where basso when you need him.. this is obama's fault.. he's clearly a nuggets fan..

5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I guess it runs in the Browns

6. TheBigAristotle

A sex related incident? I've gotta get me one of those.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Fixed.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

http://www.justkidding.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4219580

:eek:

9. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

10. tomjc

tomjc Member

11. REEKO_HTOWN