1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

These Refs Suck...The Cat and COACH SAMPSON, take it from here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Nov 25, 2000.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I didn't think it was physically possible, but these refs both suck and blow.

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Oh, Its physically possible allright. [​IMG]

------------------
    WooHoo! The season's here!....I'm still gonna need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, it was bad, but a win is a win and I'll take it however it comes. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier fan club!

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was not the refs fault, the heat got aggressive and the Rockets got passive.

Everyone knows the aggressor gets the majority of the calls.

Hopefully, we learned to not let up on anyone. When you have someone down, it is time to step on them.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from Monkeys and Apes, then why are there still Monkeys and apes?

5. franciscanschoolkidd

Remember the play were Mason threw Francis and Francis was called for the foul? And on one play this ref was standing behind Dream. He calls a foul on Dream. How could he see what Dreams doing on the other side? Dream had about a foot and a half on him.

[This message has been edited by franciscanschoolkidd (edited November 25, 2000).]

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, that they blew some calls, but as a general rule the aggressor is going to get the calls.

Since the Rocks go to the line a LOT, I won't complain about this one, especially since we won.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from Monkeys and Apes, then why are there still Monkeys and apes?

7. Digaida

Digaida Member

So if your a bully/aggressor your going to get calls huh? The refs were blowing Mason.... [​IMG] or blowing the whistle whenever Mason touched the ball. Terrible refs...agressive or not Mason should not of got those calls, maybe one or two, but not all the ones he did get...

------------------

8. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Right on, DaDakota.

The better team won tonight. The officiating was a non-factor. It did piss me off, though... [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

DaD is right.

When the Rocks stopped the ISO's and moved the ball around (mid4Q), they got the calls and then the bonus FT's before the Heat.

------------------
    GATER

10. Digaida

Digaida Member

( padding my posts =) ) I agree the aggressor gets the calls, but Mason gets the calls no matter what....I'm not mad though, I'm sure he was crying when our Rockets defeated him and the Knicks...ahh How Sweet It Was.....lol

And yeah the W is all that counts but putting the refs down is just too fun...especially when they suck...and blow

------------------

11. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

The refs literally almost blew a solid "W" for the Rockets tonight regardless of whether or not they pulled it out. I mean what if they would have lost? We would all be saying "Da@n those refs" ....

The bottom line is this: In the last couple of games and for the majority of the season already we've seen time in and time out horrible, I mean attrocious calls from the refs that could cost several teams many a game. I HATE the Dallas Mavericks with a passion, but Mark Cuban has been very vocal about this and has put together some research and tape that he sent to the NBA to prove how the Refs all across the league have gotten awful, and the NBA just ignored it and slaps more fines on the man....

The NBA needs to be re outfitted with better refs, instant replay calls (like there doing in football), and a clear cut set of rules on what is a foul and what is not set by a consensus of Officials and Coaches....

that or the Rockets WILL lose some games this year for sure, soley based on the refs. I mean come on, the third quarter of this game? geez...I mean lets just give them 17 points and advoid the actual painful playtime in which I have to listen and hear my rockets getting pounded on and no call will ever go our way...(besides, the Heat were illegal like all night long, Brian Grant guarding nobody, they only called it like 2-3 times, thats ridiculous)

------------------
    -jbond77

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

True, true.
    Refs are so bad sometimes it's tough to imagine they don't have an agenda (sorry, someone had to say it).
    Not to dig up old memories, but these things have a way of biting us in the ass at the wrong time. Beloved Pat Riley's Heat slipping toward oblivion (well, 5-8). Why not bail them out, give them a little hand? "Hey, they don't need a handout: they need a hand UP."
    Kobe trips and falls onto Sam Mack. Mack gets the foul. Complexion of the series changes, Houston folds in 4.
    Karl Malone and John Stockton mug the competition every night. No calls.
    Michael Jordan retires, and Steve Francis and Allen Iverson get called for palming the ball. Frequently. Guess who never got that call against him? Oops, excuse me. Against Him. Capital "H."
    I don't like Mark Cuban much. What did some sports agent just call him? A classic definition of a jock sniffer? But the man has a point. These refs favor several teams and favor the superstars. Thing is, while Dallas and Houston have a bunch of young punks, they're gonna take it in the shorts.
    Meanwhile, Bob Costas keeps running out of Chapstick every time Kobe Bryant suits up. And so do the refs.
    Sorry about the ranting and raving and whining. On a positive note: our young team showed great poise in not letting the "aggressive" team get the better of them. It's hard to keep your cool when Anthony Mason is taking a tire iron to your head.

------------------

13. Summer Song Giver

Great post ROXTXIA

------------------
    Mitch Meluskey...The real Slim Shady

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The NBA should just fire all these "veteran" officials and hire a brand new group from the NCAA.

------------------
    2000-2001 Rockets Game Formulas:
    End of 1st quarter: "They're playing so well!"
    2nd: "What a great game!"
    3rd: "Theres no way they can lose now!"
    4th: "What the ******* **** happened?!!"
    Revote! Revote! Revote!......
    Rocket's Championship 2001!!

15. COACH SAMPSON

COACH SAMPSON Member

Rocketman95- I see you have seen the light. The refs were brutal last night. Anyone on this board who says the refs did not do a bad job last night is a blind idiot! Forget that opinion stuff the evidence was in your face last night so put your glasses on naysayers.

DaDakota- If the Rockets dont play super superb last night they lose because it was not a fairly officiated game and if these pissy poor calls continue the Rockets will lose many a game. For you to defend those moron officials last night with that aggresor nonsense shows me your lack of judgement for what are bad calls as opppossed to preferred calls.

slcrocket= The refs were a big factor last night thats why the Heat got so close without the calls the Heat lose by 30 instead of being in striking range in the 4th.

------------------

16. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Everyone---

Who played the better game?

Answer-Houston

Who won the game?

Answer-Houston

Everybody calm down a bit. I admit, I was up in arms over some of the calls that went on, but I think we're all getting a little more agitated than we need to be. Let's save this thread until we can trace a certain LOSS to the referee's shortcomings.

------------------
    Jazzkiller