1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lamarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Jan 6, 2011.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What the hell. Last time I saw him play, he was a soft player that took long jumpshots all game long. When the hell did he become a legitimate post player?

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Since Roy went out

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Still bitter that Raptors drafted a Guido instead of him..

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This. Now that it's his team, LA has decided to play up to his ability instead of deferring to Roy. This is what the Blazers paid for when they gave him the contract. He's played like this before sporadically, but now he seems to bring it every game.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Aldridge is the REAL DEAL! He should be playing in the All Star Game.

6. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Imagine Aldridge now with a healthy Roy. Legitimate one-two punch.

7. Prince

Prince Member

Fixed it for yah.

1 person likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I know right? For one reason or another a ton of big men have stepped this season and raised their level of play, including Okafor, Blake Griffin, Amare Stoudemire, Kevin Love and Dwight Howard.

9. trugoy

trugoy Member

He beat us with one move, right handed hook shot on the left block. It's our defense, we didn't even make him go to a counter.

1 person likes this.
  10. MONON

MONON Member

Only if Roy's ego will allow it.

11. Sanity2disChaos

i always liked the guy and he was absolutley killing hill in the post...!!!It was like big brother picking on little brother (but both brothers are atleast 6'10).....!!

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, Roy's game was holding him back.

DD

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Alot of players look like superstars against the Rockets pathetic defense. Heck, the Rockets make Patty Mills look like a superstar.

I would say though that Aldridge has all the tools to be an all-star calliber PF for many years. Now Portland has a player they can build around other than Brandon Roy. His contract extension given last year doesn't look that bad now.

They have a great coach in Nate McMillon who coaches DEFENSE and a decent front office that will can put players around him at the right price even with the financial burden of Roys contract.

Amidst the gloom of all the injuries they have been cursed with, they still have a future with this guy and be relevant in the future.

1 person likes this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It isn't just against the Rockets. The last 10 games since Roy was de-activated, LA is averaging 25/10. Not only does he have the tools to be an All-Star, he's been playing like one.

Patty Mills is getting his first chance to play meaningful minutes and he can light it up when his shot falls. When his shooting is off, the guy is worthless.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I didn't get to see the game last night but from the looks of the box score and from what I have seen of Aldridge this year, it seems like they are playing more small ball lineups where LA has room to work in the low post as the only big out there. Again, correct me if I'm wrong but it looked like Camby/Pryzbilla didn't get near the minutes centers normally get. I would say LA has the skill set to be pretty effective when the floor is spread like that.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

I didn't realize Chuck Hayes affected how he played against other teams.

News to me

17. Prince

Prince Member

And do you think when Roy comes back he'll completely forget his post up moves?

Dont take it literally dude.

18. SunsRocketsfan

Plus a decent Oden and throw in their roll players and bench the Blazers were suppose to be contenders. They are just as cursed as us.

19. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

ive always thought Aldridge's game was better than Roy's..

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Aldridge is a complete stud.

Reminds me of Jermaine O'neal offensively.

He can hit the outside shot and usually settles for it, but can dominate inside when he wants to.