1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Espn Video] Surprise.. surprise.. surprise...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Riz, Mar 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

here it comes... All aboard!!!

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3287198"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3287198" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?&brand=null&videoId=3287198&n8pe6c=1

2. desertfire

desertfire Member

Welcome to the bandwagon, Timmy! There's always room for more. Hey, I am a generous guy!

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

4. g1184

g1184 Member

I stopped it from playing on their site too. I don't care what they have to say.

[​IMG]

GET OFF MY WAGON!

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I like his analysis, it's pretty spot-on and insightful. It's true that aside from McGrady and Scola, there really isn't anyone on the team who can create a shot for himself (well, Rafer to a certain extent). Everyone else is doing what they do best, which is a staple of Adelman coached teams.

What I don't agree with, however, is that the role players can't play better than they're playing now. Battier has been on and off with his shot even during the streak, so I can see him getting better at that. Bobby Jackson has been mostly erratic since getting to Houston, but I think that he'll get better as he gets better integrated into the team. Scola is getting more accustomed to the NBA game with each passing day, and methinks that he'll be awesome come playoff time.

The role-players can all get better at certain aspects, and the Adelman's system will only get sharper with each practice and game the team goes through. In short, I think the team WILL get better as the season progresses! I really hope we can see something special this year (aside from The Streak, of course). Go Rockets!

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

After Yao went down, in the eyes of national media Rockets went from "can't do anywhere" to "good regular season team" to "maybe they can win 2 max playoff games" to "Rockets are the team to beat in the playoffs" next.... :rolleyes:

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

look at what some stupid laker fan already is predicting :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8U1B3UaLmo0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8U1B3UaLmo0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I think it's pretty funny.."at least you lost to the best team in the NBA"

That made me chuckle. It's fine, they're a good team and there is a good chance that they beat us. But doubting this team isn't a good idea, as they always seem to prove the haters wrong. I hope the Rockets run them off the court on Sunday...on national TV!

9. Zfan

Zfan Member

This Lickers fan will know what's called painful very soon.

10. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

11. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Predicting is all they CAN do! Last time I checked Rockets were not a ONE MAN team unlike lakers, last time I checked Rockets did not lose to Sacramento on their way to 19 straight, Last time I checked it was Rockets with more that 11 game winning streak NOT lakers! so let them predict, we are not about words but Action!!

12. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

People who put that much effort into hating are a sad lot. Can't say I don't want to reply with the Battier three in the season opener though!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

now what? so call "expert"

It is funny. When we won 12 in a row with yao on the lineup, nobody from TNT,NBA,SPORTNEWS,yahoo,ESPN, SI.....give us credits we should get, some of them say we played weak teams, some of them smart enough to wait to speak untill we play DM,NOH.. some of them stupid (fat barkley..) enough to bet we will lose... some of them (yahoo especially) were total ignoring us to put laker( starting like what 8wins? ) over us....

now what? starting from SI (congraduation, you frist wake up) realize we are for real... then we can see what happen... barkley knows he was wrong(not enough ) .. NBA ,ESPN put us on first of powerranking, ESPN gives special video for us, we are amlost on headline every single day.....

14. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BI8zNgRkI0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BI8zNgRkI0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He sure is talking the big game, what with all they've won post Shaq.

Hopefully this gives them something to think about.

15. luhbron

luhbron Member

I hope Adelman shows that Laker fan's video to the team before the game on Sunday.

16. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Assuming we still have the streak going.

And that Battier 3 is probably the loudest I've yelled this year. First game primetime and the Lakers.

17. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

here's what Legler said in article form. It's the highlight of his Daily Dime.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080311

The Houston Rockets' recent run has been nothing short of amazing. Nineteen straight wins with this particular roster? Even winning eight in a row is difficult in this league.

The Rockets are now sitting on the victorious 19th hole after the 91-73 win Monday over the Nets, and have a very good chance of surpassing the second-longest win streak in NBA history, the 20 compiled by the Bucks in 1970-71 season. The Rockets need a win over playoff-hungry Atlanta on Wednesday and then at home against Charlotte Bobcats on Friday. The record is 33 straight set by the 1971-72 Lakers.

Right now, the Rockets have the Western Conference's No. 1 seed in their sights, sitting one game behind the Spurs and Lakers, who are tied for first. It's been a quick rise, using a NBA-best 28-4 mark since Jan. 1 to vault from out of the race to having a chance at the No. 1 seed in the competitive West.

Of greater significance, let's jump ahead to next week, putting aside what happens in the next two games. Starting Sunday, the road ahead will bring some challenges, with five games against the Lakers, Celtics, Hornets, Warriors and Suns approaching.

They might go 2-3 in those five games, and some might write them off as a fraud. But that judgment based on wins and losses would be wrong. You're going to drop some games in this league, even if you're a team as hot as the Rockets.

What's more important to me is how they compete, and if they are able to do the same things defensively. Even if they lost some games, I want to see if they make teams miserable with their defense. Stifling half-court defense is the name of the game in the playoffs.

This streak has shown us that the Houston style would be tough for many teams to deal with in the postseason.

This Houston team is a perfect storm of role players. Outside of Tracy McGrady, Bobby Jackson and perhaps Shane Battier, this is a group of players who know they have to make a name for themselves in this league by hustling. Case in point -- in the win over the Nets, Chuck Hayes did not attempt a field goal, grabbed 10 rebounds and fouled out. As a role player in my playing days, I find this very refreshing to see.

I see fouls often as a sign a player is playing aggressively, committing himself completely to playing physical defense. You see some of the great scorers in this league play 44 minutes and commit only one foul. That's usually not a sign of a great commitment to defense.

There is also this matter of confidence. This streak shows the Rockets have a great deal of confidence in themselves and each other. Once you get to that level of belief, you're not going back. The hard part is getting there. Houston is there, with role players and coaching staff believing they can win.

So when Yao Ming went down after 12th win of the streak, the roof wasn't going to fall in because this team was already at a high level of self-belief.

With Dikembe Mutombo in there, I think the Rockets are even better defensively than with Yao in the middle. Mutombo's focus on defense and rebounding makes him an anchor back there, allowing teammates to be more confident in taking chances defensively. He set the tone against the Nets, swatting five shots.

Yao has to be concerned with saving energy for the offensive end of the floor, since he's expected to carry much of the offensive weight. That's not an issue for Mutombo, who is counted on for the occasional dunk.

Toward the end of the win over the Nets, we saw Mutombo and Jackson perched on the bench, two mounds of ice on their well-worn knees.

When you're icing the knees with more than four minutes to go, you know things are going well.

ESPN analyst Tim Legler is regular contributor to the Daily Dime

18. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

How about that last second lefty lay up by TMAC in 2006 @ LA? Any one got a link of that?

19. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i so wanna see the reactions of faker fans after rox beat their all time best 33 record

20. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

They believe and thats half the battle.

I love that quote.