1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Demarcus Lawrence

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLASH21, Apr 14, 2014.

?

Demarcus Lawrence at 33rd overall?

1. Yup

14.3%
  2. Nope

85.7%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1984683/demarcus-lawrence

If we decide to take a chance on one of the top 3 QBs with the first overall pick, I feel like the best fit and a guy who more than likely still be there at #33 could be one of our targets.

I doubt he's there at the beginning of the 3rd round but the guy is a very intriguing prospect. He would probably be an even better fit than a guy like Clowney who looks more of a 4-3 DE prototype.

The kid is super athletic and can definitely become an impact player almost immediately with our defensive scheme.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, we'll probably need to either trade back at 33 or pick up a QB.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You should put me back on ignore now.

You're not gonna like what I have to say about you.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Nah... I don't think he's big enough to play DE in Romeo's 3-4 system and he may not be able to stand up and play OLB (especially if they are comparing him to Babin because he wasn't any good standing up).

I'm hoping Nix, Ra'shede, or Stephon fall to the 2nd and they draft one of them regardless of what they do in the 1st round. J.J. needs help on that D-Line.

Guys like Trent Murphy, Trevor Reilly, and Marcus Smith may be available after round 2 and they may be better fits.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think we go QB at #33, or trade back and grab a QB somewhere in the 2nd. With Savage and Garrappolo looking like 2nd rounders, plus the potential for one of the top 4 to slide, plus guys like Metterberger and MCarron solid 2nd rounders, I'm pretty sure we will go QB with our 2nd round pick. But I do think that us trading out of #33 is very likely.

If we use the pick on a non-QB, I'd look at nose tackle or a linebacker like shazier from OSU.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

As what? A DE? Your own link described him as a tweener. He's 251 lbs. He'd be kind of light for a 2 gap 3-4 DE who tends to be closer to 290-300 lbs if not over. Those guys need to be big enough to occupy 2 OLinemen. You don't want anybody who's thought of as a "tweener" playing DE in a true 3-4. Might as well move Mercilus back to DE if you want to use somebody that small.

I'd only draft him if I though he could play OLB and personally, I'm sick of converting good college DE's into mediocre NFL LB's.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

34 OLB, strongside or weakside.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I say both. But for the main part as an OLB.

My link also emphasizes the fact that he played at all different positions and shows the ability to play on the outside instead of with his hand in the ground.

I'm hoping that BOB does allow Watt and the defense to become flexible instead of predictable and puts them in advantageous matchups so he could be a good coupe if we pass up on Clowney.

Again thats if we take a QB 1st and pass on Clowney. Another DE that you would be forcing to play out of position.

9. Remii

Remii Member

This....