1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Baylor University Sexual Assault Scandal Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Seemed like a joke at my expense. I apologize for getting hot. It's a difficult situation. As someone who is a Christian and thinks Baylor should be held to a more stringent standard, I'm more than a little irritated by the whole situation. A lot of my anger is not with users on Clutchfans but rather in some interactions with other Baylor alumni who think this situation is not a big deal at all.

2. Buck Turgidson

I get it, I know Baylor people (but not a one has tried to defend or downplay this) and am a fan tangentially, but I expected more out of that institution. It's disgusting and embarrassing, honestly.

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

This may only be the beginning of Baylor's self-inflicted death penalt

Stidham transfer shows no need for NCAA penalty

Why the Big 12 is pressing Baylor for info from its sexual assault investigation

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Current Virginia Tech Athletic Director Whit Babcock rumored to be leading candidate to becomes Baylor's new AD

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Report: Baylor Coerced Rape Victims Into Silence By Threatening To Punish Them For Drinking
    http://deadspin.com/report-baylor-c...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
    Wow...

#147 Duncan McDonuts, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The hypocrisy of religious institutions never surprises me.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Scum.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... I don't ever want to hear about how they do it the right way from them again or read releases where administration is relying on their belief in Jesus. They did whatever it took to win football games, literally anything.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm not sure we're even talking about football games and football players, here. This article doesn't even mention football. They appear to have been punishing women reporting any old rape by your average, non-athlete rapist turd. Hard to fathom what bizarre twist of morality would result in such a policy, and what exactly they thought they were accomplishing by doing it.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This remains me of the story of the Good Samaritan. Where the guy is on the road, beaten up and hurt...and the "religious" leaders walk right by and/or judge him....instead of helping him. And then the Samaritan comes along and takes care of the man...pays for him to be cared for out of his own pocket.

I grew up in the Episcopal church, and went to Baylor. I met some amazing people when I was at Baylor who have gone on to make the world a better place. That said, I have theological viewpoints different from what the university holds in some respects...but a theology that finds itself more concerned with punishing a student for drinking than for helping her through a crisis is bankrupt to me.

1 person likes this.
  12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Just when you thought everything was settled...

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Baylor player arrested Monday faced prior sexual assault claim

14. sammy

Should have stayed at Texas.

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I don't know. Seems like he fit in pretty well at Baylor.

16. Nook

Nook Member

It won't happen, but it is getting to the point where they should just take the football program away.

17. sammy

Don't watch when they're on. Problem solved if Baylor football bothers you so much.

18. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I'm curious as to if any assistant coach knew about this and did not bring it up to officials during the investigation. It seems like they would have though.

19. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Your advice is that if someone is bothered so much by this situation then they should just look the other way? Probably not the best advice in this particular discussion.