1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 1st Pick the Toronto Raptors Select.....

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Lil Pun, May 23, 2006.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Adam Morrison is who I think they'll pick. Who do you have them picking?

2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

LaMarcus Aldridge

their frontline would be

aldridge
    bosh
    villanueva

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I think they need a swingman, so they'll probably grab Gay.

4. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

I could see them selecting Aldridge, although he might be too much like Bosh in the sense that they're both wirey-framed guys. Can Aldridge be a true center in the league? I'm sure they would like to find a way to get or keep Bosh at the 4. If Aldridge can play in the middle, that would give them one heck of a frontcourt though, adding Villanueva to the mix. They need wing shooters/scorers as well, but there aren't any players at those spots worthy of the 1st selection. Would the Raptors be willing to wait on Tyrus Thomas' development? IMO, he has bust written all over him (see Stromile Swift). They should go with Aldridge, with an outside shot at Morrison (although he and Villanueva play the same spot).

5. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

Morrison..they have Bosh and Villanueva in the forntline already, need a skilled swingman

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I think it will be Adam Morrison. Colangalo will try to make the team like the Suns and move Bosh to Center, Villanueva to Power Forward, and Morrison to small forward.

7. dream2franchise

I'm hoping Colangelo takes the risk and drafts Andrea, i know he's very high on him but then again i don't think he expected to have the #1 pick.

Tough call but i think he might take the risk. But his opinion could change very quickly.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Any chance they trade down?

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Raptors are going to look for an uptempo game IMO. Aldridge is similar to Bosh and isn't as good as him but I think they might take him and possibly trade him. Tyrus Thomas might be better defensively but he is less polished than Aldridge so I don't think he will be picked. Morrison is a good fit as a 3 but he isn't quick so I think they will pass up on him.
    Bargnani or Gay might have an outside shot if they can have spectacular workouts.

#9 saleem, May 23, 2006
    Last edited: May 23, 2006
  10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think there's a good chance. They need a PG, C, or possibly a swing man. I think they take Aldridge if they think he can play C or possibly Morrison, otherwise they trade down.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Andre Bannanas

12. drpepper

drpepper Member

I predict they trade down to Chicago for Deng and their #2, then take Bargani or Aldridge.

13. askball

askball Member

Can someone with an ESPN insider account post the Chad Ford mock draft please

14. dream2franchise

If you go to the ESPN site, you can do your own Mock Draft which is then compared to Sportsnation and Chad Ford own mock draft. No insider account needed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/features/draftmachine

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Ford has Redick coming to Houston. I hope not.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

17. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Who could Chicago possibly want to badly that they give up Deng just to move up one spot?

18. dream2franchise

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's what I was thinking. I just can't see them doing it. There is no clear-cut #1 pick, like there usually is. Like some of you, I think we're going to get a good player at the 8th spot. I'm even beginning to get excited about it, lol.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

In my personal opinion, if it's Redick the Rockets want, they should be talking about trading down ... New Orleans has the 12 and 15.