1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

^^ high heels camo. Dude is definately a heterosexual

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

These shooters you name are mostly not going to be on the court together.

Further, none of them matches Calderon, who was top-five at shooting threes last season. One of them cancels out the loss of Marion, one of them cancels out the loss of Carter. I think they are a worse shooting team than last season.

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

Lol I have to do a double take.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Why are you worrying so much about DAL? Plenty of other teams to worry about, not DAL

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Had to look at the pic again. It does look like he's wearing high heels but then I realized its just the wood floor that makes it look that way. Why is he posing like that?

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

I see what Mavs did there :grin:
    [​IMG]

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hard to argue with his line so far tonight. Don't think he will playing like that as often as Dallas hopes for though.

8. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

Nice game from parson, let's see u can do it consistently

9. downbytheriver

Parsons puts up empty stats in fast tempo offenses. It's almost set in stone he can't deliver against tighter defenses. A Riza actually helps the rox win games, not win by 20 instead of 15. If you can't see that.......then you don't get NBA basketball.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I guess Morey didn't see that when he let Ariza go the first time around.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I don't think wing defense to put alongside elite offensive wing player was quite on his radar at the time.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You're almost as funny as the guy that mistook Yao's Air Force 1 Lows for shape ups. Why do you guys hate so much it's skewed your vision.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

happy birthday chandler parsons!

14. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i guess....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ade-second-most-surprising-move-of-summer.ece

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

it's too early to tell

but i'll acknowledge that it's definitely surprising

it makes me cringe that it had to be the mavs, out of all the other teams..

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Way too far. I'm rooting for him and the Dallas to not do well this year. But his stats are not empty. He is whatever amount overpaid now, but he is still a good player.

18. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Ariza can hit big shots in a half court offense on tighter defense. He's a proven key championship player. Parsons hit a few big shots during the regular season and played decent against the blazers last year..... on offense. He MAY get better this year but i honestly just don't see it because like you said, most of his production came from fast pace easy buckets when the competition hasn't decided to tighten the defense. Still, I'm not going to discount a few of his nice performances last year like the Memphis game.

The difference with Ariza. ....defense. Parsons will never have the same type of defensive intensity just base out of pure physical tools Ariza has and he doesn't.

Batum wouldn't have lit us up so bad last year so the difference with Trevor is he might have got us to the second round. All of these comparisons is even more pointless when you look at the players price tag.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It amazes me that any Rocket fan could support this clown.

20. downbytheriver

This is the NBA. aside from stiff bigs, you've got 400 guys who can put up numbers on any given night. and against scrub teams with no pressure, many do when given the opportunities. It's really about the skill set to have a high ceiling and deliver against good teams when guys are actually trying---which isn't always the case in a long 82 game season. he just doesn't have ... IT. nba gm's know that which is why they were shocked with his contract. but cuban wanted the marketable white guy and isn't a penny pincher , so he'll keep getting hyped to common fans like yourself. would love to eat my words... but i've always been right when it comes to the nba(atleast in 2014 ;p)