1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Single Game Tickets - Advice needed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abaker28, Sep 17, 2014.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Hi Clutch fans.
    I'm travelling to Houston early next year (from Australia) and CAN'T WAIT to finally see the Rockets live and in the flesh with my kids (who thankfully avoided the LBJ and the Big 3 Miami phase and are proud Rocket fans like myself).
    My question is around 'single game tickets'. They apparently don't go on sale from the club until late September at the earliest. But yet I can go to re-sellers now like Tickpick and Stubhub and buy tickets online for any Rockets game.
    Is buying tickets NOW from re-sellers or Tickpick/Stubhub reliable?
    Is it normal to just buy tickets through the club (and avoid re-sellers)?

What's the 'norm'? And how can re-sellers sell tickets the club haven't released yet?
    Thanks in advance to any repliers.
    Go Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

The tickets being resold are probably from season ticket holders. If I am not mistaken, they get their tickets earlier than the public.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Yup they are from STH Holders, I got mine the week the schedule was announced

Its a sales move by the team, they hold off selling single game tickets to sell full, half packages along with mini packages ranging from 6 to 12 games as long as they can.

I thought it was a league wide thing but the Knicks have been selling single tickets since the schedule was announced

Out of all the secondary market sellers, as long as they are well known site they are legit

If you are coming for a game that's not a "premium", just wait last minute for tickets in the secondary market, good chance you can get tickets below face value

#3 Dave2000, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Thanks for the replies.
    We'll be flying in from Orlando. So paying for interstate flights - we want to make sure before we've already secured tickets for the games during our time in Houston.
    Knew there had to be a reason - but just seemed strange there are so many tickets for single games on sale, but none through the club itself.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So how does an Australian become a Rockets fan anyway? How many games are aired there?

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Stubhub is good to buy tickets on the day of the game or the day before. I've gotten a lot of awesome seats in club section 118-120 for about $100-$130 including the parking pass. section 117 I've paid about $90-105 ..sometimes $80..really depends on opponent.

But since you're planning a trip, I don't really suggest stubhub. Unfortunately, rockets.com is the just retail and has the most expensive tickets, but the seats are guaranteed.

7. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Going through Flashseats.com is safe. Your tickets get immediately linkd to your credit card after purchase. Just show the card at the door when you get to Toyota Center.

Also, check the Hot Deals and Classified section of this board. Lot of posters, including myself, sell tickets through there.

#7 Horry33, Sep 17, 2014
  8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Another vote for flashseats. it is the official secondary marketplace for Rockets tix. I've only had good experiences with it and absolutely love the convenience

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Watch mainly via espn where several games a week are aired. The popular teams get more games of course, but there have been more Rockets games over the past few seasons. Then there's League Pass if you can stump up the cash.
    Started following in the late 80's, early 90's when basketball started to become more popular here. Most people then followed Bulls of course because of Jordan.
    I just wanted something different and was fascinated with Hakeem. Rockets also have the same colours as my football team.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the only thing about flash seats -- the transaction fee is pretty high. and on many of the auctions the sellers actually bid to inflate the buying price. flash doesn't have a fail safe like eBay to prevent that. I've seen many auctions of odd price. manipulation. you also have to be willing to spend a whole afternoon bidding on it unless you just do buy it now.

11. bongman

bongman Member

I guessing it is because of this

[​IMG]

12. Play07

Play07 Member

what game will you be needing and how many tickets ? flashseats is 100% legit also, but if you guys want the souvenir big tickets, with teams logos on them, I can assist you.

13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

We're looking at both the Bulls and the Portland game in early Feb. (4 people). Looked into flashseats last night, but was having difficulties setting up the account because it seems to be for America only. I also can't get the app in the app store presumably for the same reason.
    Tickpick appears to be the easiest (for me currently anyway). Has anyone had experience with them? Are they reliable? Are prices competitive?

14. abaker28

abaker28 Member

No it wasn't because of Andersen. But it's always nice to have someone from your country play for the team you support.

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Sellers can't bid on or buy their own tickets. There is no bidding at all. There is the price each seller sets the tickets at and then there is a way for the buyer to offer $$ lower than said price. I get plenty of guys like benchmoochie who offer me $10 a seat and ignore them.

#15 Smacktle, Sep 17, 2014
  16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

If your gonna buy tickets, spend the money and get into the lower bowl. Try to stay away from sitting behind the basket. The corners have better pricing than the main area. If price is no worry, then sit in the main area and enjoy a great view of the game.