1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SF on the Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zoork34, May 21, 2003.

1. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

Any of you guys see good ol Stevie Franchise on the Budweiser Hot Seat on SportsCenter today? When asked if him and Yao could be better than shaq and kobe, he said that he hoped that him and Yao could someday form their own legacy, so maybe that can give us some hope for the future. It made me think that abs much as the Rockets underachieved this year, i think we should consider ourselves lucky to have such great potential on our team. Now we just need some maturity, a little better supporting cast, and some consistency (not to mention new unis) and we will be on the road to the finals.

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

crap...i missed it.....was it on sportscenter? or espnews? or is there a transcript i can find somewhere?

3. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

it was on sportscenter. just watch tonight's sportscenter or tomorrow morning's and it will be on there

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He said that? Well, I got a ballboy's friend's uncles pool boy who says differently.....;)

5. BigRay

BigRay Member

This is Great! so much for the rumor about Steve wanting to get traded.

Steve/Yao will be better than Shaq/Kobe you have to have FAITH!

6. Band Geek Mobster

I'm shocked he didn't take this moment to demand a trade to Washington. I'm confused...does he want Yao to get traded with him to Washington? Help me out here man532...:confused:

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Did you guys see the end where he said, "Yo, Yetti, bite me!"

8. Just B

Just B Member

I think that they will be better than Shaq and Kobe eventually. Maybe they won't win as many championships, but they actually have a bond that doesn't include the whole "it's my city! no it's my city!" thing that Shaq and Kobe had going. Chemistry makes great duos, and Steve and Yao are definitely developing team chemistry together.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Well Ming will probably never be as good as Shaq, and Francis will probably never be as good as Bryant, but I see where you're coming from.

10. silent j

silent j Member

I don't think it means anything.
    Does anyone expect him to go on TV and say Barkley is a lazy ******....I mean that he wants to be traded to an East Coast team.
    j

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I cant understand how one sees chemistry between Yao Ming and Steve Francis. I saw all of the games last season and I thaught it was barely dectectable. I was never convinced that a natural flow of Game occured between them. I still have hope of better things to come.

12. nene

nene Contributing Member

Yes!! What better chance to ask for a trade than on national TV on ESPN. He's done it before.

13. jli

jli Member

personality wise, steve and yao are much better than kobe and shaq.

14. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I'm shocked no one else has mentioned what else Steve said.

when asked who he would choose to start a team if he could pick between Shaq and Yao, Steve hemmed and hedged and ultimately said Shaq.

I'm not saying it's all that big a deal. I was a little surprised he went ahead and said it, though.

I'm also not saying he made the wrong pick.

just found it odd that no one else had mentioned it yet.

15. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Yeah. He said Yao Ming is a good center (GC). But Shaq is more dominant now (MDC).

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yao would have said the exact same thing, and has on occasion.

17. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

you know how those steve non-believers do. they do anything to make it look the franchise is bad. even makin this whacked-out rumors bout steve gettin traded and ****. big ups to stevie and yao! i do believe they will be more better than kobe/shaq coz one, they are close friends. shaq and kobe are just there coz they are both in the same team. their relationship is stricly business and not like yao and steve, its a lil mo deep. and they both young, they have more to give. they still have alot of room for improvement. now stevie's learning to play a real pg not like befo where he takes more shots compared to the whole team combined (exaggerating. ;) ). i have a good feeling bout this season.

18. SLA

SLA Member

It's not that big a deal.

I would have said Shaq too.

But unfortunately, I will never become any type of star.

And unfortunately for Steve, he will never be with Shaq.

He is stuck with Yao.

And anyways....I would go with Shaq.

But if you were gonna start a team...who would you choose.....Jason Kidd or Steve Francis?
    Someone please ask Yao Ming.........I BET he would say Steve just to suck up....but he would really want to be with Jason :)

And ask Bostjan Nachbar...what team he would rather be on.....Kings or Rockets. His favorite team is the Kings and he would probably fit with his role models...Peja Stojakovic and Hedo Turkoglu. But on national TV..he would say No Comment or Rockets.

Oh well!

It's not a big deal! ;)

19. Just B

Just B Member

They still need to adjust better to each other's games, but I meant that their chemistry was good as far as friendship goes. They seem like they're really good friends off the court, and eventually that will start to show more on the court.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

seriously, 18 posts in and no one has bashed steve for anything he said yet. amazing.