1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Papanikolaou: 5/25 from 3 for 20% so far in preseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 21, 2014.

Tags:
?

What will his 3-point percentage be this year?

1. 37%+

15 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. 34%-36%

68 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. 31%-33%

82 vote(s)
    43.2%
  4. Below 30%

25 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Just like D Mo used to be, the game is too fast for him right now. He needs to slow down his release.

2. Cranberry_Juice

I heard that the owner of niko niko's is giving out a free gyro everytime he scores over 15 points this season.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We should tell him to stick to the corner 3s for now.

4. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Send him down to the Vipers. He'll figure it out.

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Is the 3 pt line the same distance in Europe? He looks just a bit short on everything, could explain it.

Besides his 3, he reminds me of Luis Scola at the 3 spot. He doesn't look athletic, but somehow finds ways to score and play solid D. He has all those little ball fakes and such too. He does a very good job at those pocket passes and finding people on cuts.

I like this guy as the backup sf. He'll need to prove he can do it on the reg against solid competition every night, but from the brief time I've seen him on the floor, I think he will be a solid role player.

6. rocketsmetalspd

He will get better at the shooting 3s, other parts of his game are way ahead of even when Scola started playing in his first year. Kostas will be getting better as the season rolls along, it will fun to watch these new players get going on the Defense side of the ball.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Here in H town we don't feel that way. I am sure Mchale is well aware of what he wants and expects,and in that regard Papa K is just fine. He will be a part of the rotation unless he completely flames out when the real season begins, so chill out !

His passing, game sense and instincts are pretty much top notch for so early in a career.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

If only that were true ! yummers !

Opa !

9. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

...he's averaged 46% from 3 over the last 2 years in the Euroleague. On his first trip to the final 4 the man shot 100% from the floor for both games. Then again there's your nickname, so I can see why you'd say that.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

no need to make a poll with such a small sample. it was mentioned on broadcast he was adjusting to the distance of the line compared to europe distance.

11. rocketseagles07

You want to look up his stats before you say stupid things like this?

12. john rapto

john rapto Member

I'm greek and a houston rockets fan and i am super proud of kostas. I think he's working really hard to learn how to play in the nba. As for the shooting i agree with what most of the guys said: it will take some time for him to get used to the distance of the 3point in the nba. If i have to guess i would say 33%-36% in his first year.

13. cebu

cebu Member

exactly.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not super worried about Papa yet. He gets to rim so easily.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not worried about his shooting necessarily, but for as much as he looks to shoot it, he needs to knock down some shots. He has the green light but hasn't really had a good shooting day yet.

At least he's a capable passer, defender, and seems to get into the lane and create.

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

32%, which is terrible - but if it creeps to 34, 35 post all-star break I'll be satisfied for a rookie campaign.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This interview with Paps will make you feel better.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Jet. <a href="http://t.co/RTFge01jDO">pic.twitter.com/RTFge01jDO</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/524762596852137985">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

oops, now what happened there. I meant this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kostas Papanikolaou discusses his time playing in Europe &amp; adjusting to the NBA. <a href="http://t.co/x815J1gVWX">http://t.co/x815J1gVWX</a> <a href="http://t.co/WMAqhztaD3">pic.twitter.com/WMAqhztaD3</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/524776542933483520">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>