1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget John Wall, Morey should target this kid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kapeci8, Jan 13, 2010.

1. kapeci8

kapeci8 Member

name is alexey shved.

nba scouts compare him to penny hardaway.

very tall pg, currently listed as a second rounder.

this guy would look good in a rockets jersey, i would trade brooks to get him, apparently utah, miami, and the bulls are looking at him. i hope morey gets in on this kid.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/alexey-shved

NBA Comparison: Penny Hardaway
    Strengths: A 6-7 natural point guard with immense upside ... A real competitor, also very smart. Charismatic ... Really has a great feel for the game at a young age ... Has it all offensively with the ability to shoot off the dribble with range as well as take it to the basket ... Tremendous passer and ball handler ... Has a nasty crossover and handles the ball well against the quickest of defenders ... Makes the game look very easy ... Creates baskets for his teammates and makes those around him better ... Very bouncy, good leaper with huge wingspan ... Looks very young. Could still be growing ... Has huge hands giving him added control over the ball ... Applies himself defensively and shows good instincts staying in front of his man and not biting on fakes ... One of the top overall prospects in all of Europe ...

Weaknesses: His frame is very long but his shoulders are narrow and he is very skinny ... May never be a very strong player, but as a point guard, that's less important ... Added strength will allow him to drive to the basket and absorb contact better ... He'll also be able to use his size better on the boards ... Being from Russia, he has some hurdles to cross as a number of recent Russian players (besides AK47) have struggled to make the transition to the NBA/USA culture ...

here are some highlights of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkAo1WFHnpA

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Are you actually comparing this guy to Wall? :eek:

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I've already heard about this guy, he does look pretty good.

5. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

The guy moves in slow motion, he'll never make it to the NBA

6. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

8. Francis 4 ever

No way does the guy have the athleticism to guard new age PG's like Rose/Rondo/CP3/Parker/Brooks.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

What is that supposed to mean? He's a foreigner so screw him? I guess we wouldn't want a Nowitzki on this team.

10. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I agree with the first part of your statement. Guy is much too slow from just looking at the video.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lmao.. John wall >>>

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Eh....I'd still rather have JW.
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4CbQGBbUOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4CbQGBbUOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

13. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

14. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Well speed is good thing to have at point guard position, but steve nash isn't as quick yet he is in NBA. It all depend on whether his ball control, court vision, and jump shot can cover for his lack of quickness.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't think the guy is saying that he is better than John Wall. I guess he's looking at the fact that we have a way better chance at getting him than Wall.

16. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Alex Scales is still available. I'm pretty sure he is playing overseas last time I heard. If you dont know, now you know. Dude is beast SG. From Oregon. Look him up if you dont remember him. He was on the Rockets for brief stint a few years back, but was offered more money overseas. Think Von Wafer, with defense, selfless play, and more size. Amazing talent.

17. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

This is the only vid i could find on Youtube on him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Nxc0XDfqPM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Nxc0XDfqPM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If we are talking 2010 NBA draft Rox should look at this kid from Georgia Tech, I saw him play vs Duke recently and he destroyed them on the inside.

Gani Lawal

H: 6' 8"
    W: 233 lbs
    Bday: 11/07/1988

He is a little undersized but is ultra aggresive and with Morey liking to pick up 2nd rd picks he may be worth the investment.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gani-Lawal-1269/

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I realize this is on a bunch of scrubs but Wall is like Chris Paul mixed with in-his-prime Steve Francis, he is an absolute lock to be a future All Star.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree, but he reminded me a lot of Landry's game. Undersized but powerful PF with hops and hustle. So we already have one of those. T

here are a lot of PF's coming out this year, too bad we're eyeing a primetime one thru trade and already have 2 very good ones if that doesn't get accomplished.

My thinking is Morey will be looking at other positions to upgrade besides PF.