1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Zach Randolph in Rox??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFire, Dec 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

#1 RocketFire, Dec 30, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  2. mad4snk

mad4snk Member

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Rockets don't have nearly enough to get Randolph, period.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Not the type of player we need and only in our dreams could we add a contract like his to our team.... and we thought Mo had a bad contract.. I dont know the details, but I would think that the deal is for about5-7 years... anyone know??

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I read somewhere yesterday (see cite by Hoopshype) that because his extension kicks in next year, anyone trading for him would have to have cap room to take back his average salary, about $12 million year, averaged over the life of the deal, and could only send out to Portland a match of $1.8 million (his salary this year). The story stated that New Jersey was the only team in the league that could handle this (I guess given their trade exception). Can one of the resident capologists confirm or deny this?

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Just say no. He's an immature ballhog.

We need to hope and pray that New Jersey takes him for their TE. That would eliminate them from the Donyell Marshall sweepstakes and we may be able to swing a MoT, Deke, TE, and other junk for Marshall and Rose trade.

7. Houstonrocketss

NO WAY IN HELL WOULD I TRADE DEKE!...ARE YOU MAD? DEKE HAS PLAYED WELL FOR US!

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

maybe maybe no

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He's an expiring contract and probably won't even be here next year. How else are we gonna move Mo without giving up expiring contracts, and draft picks? It's the best deal we could possibly do to improve this team and get rid of junk. Rose could be the comeback kid playing with Yao and TMac. Toronto wants him gone. We want rid of MoT. Deke is a non-factor in building a championship team. Then sign Stromile Swift to the MLE in the offseason and draft Jarrett Jack and we are on our way.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

While I disagree Deke is untradeable, I have to agree with your point on what's the motivation to trade the guy? Deke has been probably the only pleasant surprise on this team for the year. He plays hard and is in the last year of his contract. Unless using him as trade bait is going to help us land some unpassable deal, I don't want to see him go anywhere.

11. msn

msn Member

I don't follow the Blazers closely at all, so I don't know much about Randolph historically.

That said, I did get to watch him at a game in Portland recently, the night they punked Seattle, and this is what I observed:

He sucked.
    * flatfooted and sluggish
    * slow down the court
    * didn't watch the floor very well
    * dribbles up to his nose
    * all flash and no fundamentals

Pretty much the ugliest player on the court that night--painful to watch. Perhaps, however, he just had a bad night.

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Tybrave?