1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HiGHurNAMEis, Feb 25, 2012.

1. dd89

dd89 Member

for Hill, Flynn, Thabeet and or Squid. For sure!

for Chandler, Bud? NO F***ing way. I don't like the doormat attitude of some people here.

2. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Were you aware of the contribution Parsons was going to bring after you saw him play this year or after? Is Morris not capable of doing the same thing if not more?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/marcus-morris

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/chandler-parsons

I'm not saying Morris is or isn't. I am saying give him the equal opportunity just as Parsons, to prove him self serviceable. Meanwhile improving your starting five tremendously in addition bringing an all star with championship pedigree. Who McHale would love to coach & have going into battle with him during the playoffs.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Keep Parsons. Give them Busty Morris.

4. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Correction (in bold).

5. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

How do you know Morris is bust(y)? Lol.

6. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Not a bad alternative trade. Although we'd have to wait on Hill to heal from injury to pass the physical & add either Parsons, or Bud, in addition a pick possibly. In that case I'd keep Bud we would need scoring & spacing off the bench at that point & not so much defense. Or you could keep Parsons for defensive purposes b/c he is so versatile where he can guard the 1, 2, or 3. That night he held Curry was epic. Either way we get to keep one with your proposal which I like a lot more than the initial b/c I do feel we need to keep as much depth as possible at the 3. & continue to develop Morris & or Parsons/Bud.

& by squid I assume you are referring to T-Will lol. He does look like Squidward lol not that you mention that nickname. Ha!

7. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I watched parsons since he came to the gators, they are my fav college team so I wasn't surprised he was able to step up to NBA level...his rebounding was better than Morris despite fact he played small forward and Morris was a pf, better d, passing, overall game (sec player of the year)...not saying Morris is a bum but I would've picked parsons based on what I saw watching his growth and his play

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

old old old.... but seein as sf is prob our weakest spot... i'd giveup the capspace for a collection of expirings and Bud...maybe add a 2nd rd pick... or would prob throw in Chandler too - if Morris is on track...

9. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Touche!
    How bout we keep both Parsons & Morris? & tweak the deal by adding Hill although in the event of an injury we lack depth at the 4 & 5 then. But hey, Morris is a tweener so that might work out in our favor, depending on the seriousness of the injury & to who it is (only if Adrien didn't bolt for Europe). Didn't know Parsons was SEC POTY that explains a lot.

SEC POTY ≥ BiG XII POTY 2011. We shall see.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If Boston would accept that deal, then I would say pull the trigger if we can't do anything else...

It makes us instant contenders but could possibly hurt us in the long run, unless Pierce can take fellow Jayhawk under his wing and help him become our next Allstar!

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Pierce is Mr Celtic, a lifer. He'll be the last of the Big Three er, Four to go. And for expirings and a 20ish #1? Not. One. Chance. Which is a shame.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am looking forward to watching him.....
    Markieff slammed some home and seemed pretty athletic in the RookSoph Challenge. It should be in the DNA.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

You're going to look real dumb if Morris winds up being an all star after all this trolling, Carl.

At least DD will be happy that somebody else is the whipping boy. :grin:

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Opinions were going around and majority said he was a solid pick...... Experts have him as high up as 10th spot in the draft mainly because of his developed game and not his untapped potential.

He is solid.... whether at 4 or 3.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Rather have p2 than gasol

16. nadman89

nadman89 Member

switch parsons with twill !

17. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Yeah I am with u on that one...sound good

18. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Ur an idiot if your so wouldn't take Pierce after only giving up Chase & Parsons. At his age, Pierce contributes more than both of them and more consistently

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It all depends on Morey's mindset. A move for pierce is more of a "Win Now" move. Pierce only has a small window left.

If the move was made for pierce, then a move has to be made for a legit big man.

Trading youth for Paul doesn't make sense if we're still in "Win Soon' mode.

20. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Let's say we acquire Pierce. He doesn't pan out this year & game digresses tremendously next year. We have the option to trade him as an expiring contract in the off season or around the trade deadline or amnesty him this summer & be back into the FA picture. Which I feel isn't that strong outside of the household names which we really don't have a great chance at acquiring based off of history (household names & our pitch [swing, miss, strikeout like]) within the last few season.

The chances of Pierce not being productive, contributing in more ways than one (on the court, in the locker room, & development of Morris or whoever), & not going deeper into the playoffs than the last two years or three if you want to include the last playoff run are, slim to none. On a scale of 1-3 I say a 1 simply using whole numbers. With Pierce we have a 2/3 chance making it to the first round. With Parson & Bud we have a 3/3 chance getting knocked out the first round.

This is a win-win situation. Now & moving forward.