1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Lebron v. Knicks fans!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 17, 2010.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I think the reception will be worse in terms of how loud the boos are and possible the chants (queen james...). knicks' fans are more raucous and obviously more loud. and it's madison square garden and the knicks are finally good.

can't wait for tonight's game just to see the atmosphere at MSG. i saw the celts-knicks game and the crowd was pretty crazy. i think this will be the liveliest MSG has been since 1999.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I'll be tuning in.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Knicks fans have no more reason to boo him than any other team not named the Cavaliers.

I hate how they have this feeling of entitlement just because they're NY and their building is MSG. Like LeBron James was supposed to come to them.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Heat have to win. All I care about. I bet money on their W

5. Mr. Space City

6. t_mac1

what? knicks planned for TWO freakin' years to get him, and they did that publicly. everyone and their moms know what the knicks' intentions were from the get-go: they wanted lebron, and they wanted him REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. they didn't care if they were the laughingstock of the league for several years if they got lebron james. that was their lottery. and he basically disregarded them. so no, i think knicks' fans have more reason to "hate" on lebron (nearly as much as cavs' fans).

and even on TV, watching a good knicks' team at home with that MSG crowd has a different feeling to it.

7. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

The game is on ESPN, so they will probably censor the boo's or even change it to cheers.

8. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

stupid east coast time zone start..

9. Steve_Francis_rules

So it's Lebron's fault that they were run poorly for years? He never gave any commitment to them. He didn't play for them already, so there was no lack of loyalty by not considering them.

If anything, the way they allowed themselves to be laughingstocks of the league for years just for the chance to get him made them an even less desirable location. Consider that Miami was a playoff team almost every year and yet still managed to clear the room to sign three max guys.

durvasa is absolutely right. Knicks fans felt they were entitled to the best player because they play in MSG (what's so great about the place anyway?) and they think their city is so great there's no way the guy could turn down a chance of playing there.

10. sbyang

sbyang Member

The Knicks aren't good. They've just been horrible for so long that people mistake mediocre for good.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I still don't understand. Just because the Knicks planned for it means LBJ is obligated to do whatever they want? Most NBA fans thought it was dumb to make such a huge gamble 2 years down the line.

The Knicks fans' anger should be aimed at management if anyone. But I'm sure it will be aimed towards LBJ.

12. t_mac1

again, i never said it was right. my reasons explain for why lebron will get a chilly reception tonight by knicks' fans.

and i'm sure the level of animosity has increased since a lesser player in amare can elevate NYC.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

So? every fricken team wanted Lebron, what gives the Knicks more rights to be pissed off more than everyone else

It's not Lebron's fault Knicks sucks at managing

14. t_mac1

and NY newspapers are going all out on lebron:

daily news:
    -LeBum's the word
    -Beach Bum: Knicks ready to kick sand in Lebron's tonight at Garden

NY Post
    -Lebron James could have been King of NY, but he took the safe path to Miami; now he'll always be LeChicken

1 person likes this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Actually I think everything is working out better than expected in from a Knicks point of view...Felton has been a borderline All-Star..Gallinali has arrived finally...but mainly the KNicks are relevant!!! unlike the D-Morey led Rockets they have a direction...When not if they get Anthony then all these "Dmorey is God " threads go straight to hell ... :eek: :grin:

16. Steve_Francis_rules

Wow. That was really written by someone who gets paid by the NY Post? That sounds as stupid as something you would hear from one of the Kobe fanboys on this BBS.

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Lol.

That's pitiful.

18. t_mac1

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NYC has a great vibe to it. their fans are pretty passionate and I'm sure they are going to boo lebron!

20. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

If I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to bang a chick for two years and sold my belongings so that I could buy a nice car and ask her out and then she said "No," does that give me a right to hate her?