1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Chris Squire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dubious, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

There are a lot of world-class musicians out there that are really bummed by this. That shows you the kind of impact he had.

We need more musical heroes.

RIP

3. Raven

Raven Member

One of them, sure, but let's not forget Geddy Lee.

4. Dubious

As a bass stylist, pretty much where the bass is an equal lead instrument, and in innovation of bass solo's, it's Squire. Neither were the lead lyricist, but both are contributing lyricist.

Also, Squire had a lot of collaborations outside of Yes as well as the killer solo album above.

I'm not really one for this artist is the greatest over that artist though. There's no scoreboard in art.

If they announce your death, I would probably post something like "Raven was the most creative and innovative poster on Clutchfans"
    True for the moment.

#4 Dubious, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Sad day indeed.

I listened hard but could not see
    Life tempo change out and inside me
    The preacher trained in all to lose his name
    The teacher travels, asking to be shown the same
    In the end we'll agree, we'll accept, we'll immortalize
    That the truth of man maturing in his eyes
    All complete in the sight of seeds of life with you

6. Dubious

I wish I was smart enough to have a clue what that means.

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

never heard of this guy...

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Noooooooo. :(

Fantastic pick on the first video. I remember a buddy of mine getting into playing the bass when I was younger. As soon as I found out, I was immediately like "PLAY THIS" *hands him Heart of the Sunrise tab*. Not surprisingly, he couldn't play it very well right away. But he worked up to it, and all in the land agreed it was the raddest bass solo evar.

RIP Chris Squire.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This guy was definitely involved in the Shaw Bros background martial arts rock music as well as Death Wish movies...

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That Fish Out of Water album has so many cinematic tracks... Thanx for getting me a fix man...

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

This made me sad. One of my musical heroes from one of my favorite bands. Saw him perform many many times and he was always better than great. A founding member and the only constant in Yes, a band that has seen a slew of lineup changes.

I have thought many times about picking up Fish out of Water and just never did for whatever reason... I will eventually.

Glad he didn't suffer too long, and what a great life led, it seems. Died in his wife's arms.

Jon Anderson probably feels a bit less angry they were so adamant about touring without him these last few years, I would imagine. Glad I did see them last they were in Austin, up close. It was a fantastic show and he rocked it like always.