1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Mr Robot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A_3PO, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's always been allowed (it's cable), it's just frowned upon, like masturbating in an airplane. I think the one OnDemand also didn't have any bleeps either. USA also loves using the word ****, a lot. Suits says it almost every 30 seconds.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Holy crap. Just watched the first episode thanks to this thread. Really well done. Compelling.

3. B-Bob

Anyone else watching this? Just watched episode #2. Um, WUT. Still love the tone and the main guy is pitch perfect.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How much of this stuff is he just making up in his head?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good question. I could see them trying to go for a mix of Fight Club, Dexter, and Burn Notice.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think anyone on the street has reacted to this Mr. Robot guy or that girl. When he was dropping his dog off to his drug addicted girlfriend, she didn't even acknowledge the girls presence. No one on the Subway looked her way either. Plus he kept asking her how he knew where he lived. And there's the whole FSociety disappearing after a job was done then reappearing when a job needs to be done.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And we already know that he has a history of seeing things that aren't there. I think it's very likely that he finds out that he's Tyler Durden at some point once Operation Chaos really gets in full swing.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Or they could go an American Psycho direction where he's not even doing the things that he thinks he's doing at all.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Awesome second episode, I'm going to keep watching.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Is I have to be smart purson to watch dis? I did lovez Ex-Machina. I like that kind of sci fi dealing with AI and seck time with hot chick!

11. VanityHalfBlack

Dealing with corporations and hacking, that might put me to sleep. Any aliens or klingon killing people?

12. B-Bob

On the one hand, she even said "I'm taking some of your clothes" after the shower, further identifying her with him.

On the other hand, if Mr. Robot is a mental creation, then our main character made that raging video against E Corp. (His boss showed that video to him, so I don't think it's a hallucination.)

Also, I am wondering if the whole E Corp job offer scene was similarly a fantasy. It was so eerie and dreamlike, especially the way the 11 lawyers moved around the table to be seated, etc., and the weird dialogue from the black-suit driver of the SUV.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Can I watch this on Hulu?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Remember His boss was surprised that he didn't know about the video because he was always on top of stuff like that. Main character could have made the video as Mr. Robot and wasn't made aware. Classic split personality trope.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you think McDonalds is the biggest problem with the world, your life is easy

his Holden Caulfield schtick is tiresome

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's supposed to be a crazy person....

17. conquistador#11

am i also missing something? that E looks very familiar and the company itself calls themselves "evil corp". Now, I'm no PR expert but that would be bad business. It all has to be a hallucination, with a twist...mr robot is the one having them.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The E is very similar to the Enron E. The corporation doesn't call themselves "Evil Corp", that's the main character calling them Evil Corp in his head. When someone else says Evil Corp they aren't really saying it.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

he's suppose to be a microphone for the authors of the show. Some guy on a soap box b****ing about what he hates. Its trite, boring, and really bad writing.

20. B-Bob

Awwww... If only all shows were pre-approved Randian and written w the wit & grace of your awe-inspiring D&D posts. Until then, we must make do w swill..