1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mickey_angelo, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dude, I can guarantee you still won't see it coming

2. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I had all the lights off, and headphones on. It scared the **** out of me too.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Trust me YOU WILL NOT KNOW, trust me. It happens so damn random.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I don't care for the Riddler's puzzles anymore, that's just me.

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I spent a lot of time in Arkham City trying to get them all after completing the main story. That definitely burned me out on them. That said, I still try to get every one I see and I pretty much always stop whatever I'm doing to chase down Riddler's henchmen that give you the locations.

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Don't plan on purchasing the game and received a code for the Earth 2 Dark Night costume for PS4.

9R96-A2NL-8JFG

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Damn, ran to my computer to put this in Steam. Didn't read your whole post.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't have a next-gen console, but curiosity got the better of me and I watched a walkthrough of the main story line on youtube.

Question on the ending of the game (don't click if you want to avoid spoilers):

So, when Scarecrow has Bruce Wayne under control, who is the guy who shoots at him, allowing Bruce and Jim to get free and subdue him? I assumed it was Jason Todd / Arkham Knight, but his uniform looked different. Its weird, because he just shows up and immediately disappears and no one even acknowledges that he made an appearance. Did anyone else find that bizarre?

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I found that weird too. But if you remember from when Batman got in the truck he said he had a feeling someone was tracking him so there's that. Now I need 7 most wanted villains for operation Knightfall.

10. MFG16

MFG16 Member

First time playing any of the Batman Arkham games and I've had a blast. I'm 66% done and I'm more than tired of the Riddler. Can't imagine how burnt out I'd be if I had played any of the previous installments. Anyone else disappointed by how short the two face story was?

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yes, it was him. He turned the corner.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Really my only complaint about the series is that the content is really short. The Riddlers challenges artificially inflate the length, but all the other content can be finished in a couple of days of heavy play, which most people do the first weekend they buy the game.

One thing I would have like to have seen is that once you beat the game Gotham returns to normal and the game allows you to protect the city while generating random missions. With the Riddler and his trophies still there to be dealt with. A second mutiplayer story with Catwoman, Nightwing or Robin would also be nice. In fact I wouldn't mind if Catwoman or Nightwing got their own game. I just enjoy the gameplay of this series so much, it could be like Assasins creed where they make a new one every year. Even Arkham Origins, which was a bit of a disappointment, was still a lot of fun.

But it's not a big complaint. I understand these games have limitations and only so much can be expected. I wouldn't want them sacrificing quality by doing lazy work to make it longer. It's still spectacular.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Johnny Charisma scene BEST...PART....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It wasn't a timed event. I was beginning to wonder how many verses they had Mark Hamill sing, it seems like it went on for a while LOL

It started to loop eventually, but still Joker was funny as hell throughout the entire game.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I killed your parents and I cant stop laughing. Lol gets me everytime.
    And the flashback scenes, man>>>>>>>>>

16. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Finished the main story and my only two complaints are the over reliance of the batmobile and the lack of boss battles.

Story as usual was great and mostly made up for its few shortcomings

17. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I agree with you 110%. I found those side missions ok such as pyg, riddler race, man bat, penguin and 2face to be interesting but the road blocks, watch tower and bomb defusing missions to be to repetitive without any interesting boss fight. I think that's why I liked origins because you got to interact with the big bads and each fight was so different. I was bummed that the slade fight was just a rehash of the arkham knight battle. I expected better from this game since it was delayed 2 times but with the series over I feel this was really cementing the end for the arkham series unless someone else picks up the mantle which is heavily implied. The joker hallucinations were awesome gotta love mark hamil, makes me want to rewatch Btas

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm 99% through with the game, all I have left are Riddler trophies and then the Riddler... and holy hell are there a lot of trophies!

I've absolutely loved the game, and as much as I grew tired of the Batmobile the story blew me away and overshadowed anything bad I've had to say about the game.

After I get 100% I'm on to the Harley Quinn DLC. One thing is for certain, I feel I've gotten way more than my $60 out of this one - it is a great game. It isn't perfect, but it is still great.

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Harley Quinn DLC is very short. It probably only took me 30 minutes to complete.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm not far into the game (like 5% completed) is, but I'm certainly in love with it. Everything is pristine. There is definitely a lot of Batmobile though (it hasn't gotten annoying to me yet...)