1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com]Rockets ranked 24th on offseason grades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/david_aldridge/08/10/morning-tip-2015-offseason-grades-the-bottom-10/index.html

David Aldridge in his yearly offseason ranking has us ranked so low despite keeping our core together and upgrading big time at the PG position.

Also he mentioned this earlier on: "Continuity matters here as well. The most successful teams identify a core group of players and keep them together several seasons;"

We are behind Dallas and Philly

I would understand if he really wasn't confident on Lawson getting it together and if we also lost Bev and Brewer.

2. YourSecretLover

David Aldridge is an idiot. Known Rocket hater

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dallas? Really?

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What's really strange about it is he doesn't have anything really negative to say about their offseason ... and ranked Denver's (who dumped Lawson) lower than Houston's.

In fact, he admits the Rockets bolstered their point guard spot.

Very strange.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why is everyone always so surprised by things like this, lol.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The media hates the Rockets, end story.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I would have thought that even the hardest haters of Houston would have trouble saying we had a bad offseason.

Brought everyone from a WCF squad worth a damn but Smith back. Everyone hopefully back healthy AND filled our most glaring hole.

I underestimated the hate.

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

As soon as the Lawson trade was announce, this is what David Aldridge tweeted:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don't care much about how Ty Lawson fits with the Rockets. He's got major issues to deal with, no matter what city he's in. Wish him luck.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/622946907355283456">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's pretty much acting like Ty won't be playing for the Rockets this season.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not sure what I just read.. Does sports media hate on the Rockets reflexively? When ever they say the Rockets went to the WCF it is always followed by a, "but they almost lost game 5 to the Clippers".

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Last offseason several "analyst" predicted that the Rockets were the most likely of all 2013 playoff teams from the West to not make the playoffs in 2014.

They were wrong then, they're wrong now, and they'll be wrong tomorrow.

11. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Read it all and understand what the rankings are for:

I don't think we should be in the bottom 10, but we surely don't belong in the top 10.

Ty MIGHT make our team better, i personally believe he will, but there are too many ???? surrounding him right now.

I would imagine hes not taking into account the players that were injured and rightfully so, how would you make that work not knowing who gets injured next season.

12. Mattician

Mattician Member

13. brooksstephens

If you think he put more than 10 minutes of effort into this piece you're kidding yourself.

He probably wrote a short blurb for each team, ranked the top 10 and had his interns do the rest.

Nothing to get worked up about.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Blasphemy. We only lost josh smith and he only played with us for less than half of season.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Perhaps we need to start a random disrespect thread?

Some of you guys still act surprised by this stuff.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If the question is: "Is the team better now than at the end of last season?" Then regaining players from injuries should absolutely be taken into context. Projecting who gets injured next season is beyond irrelevant, and there's no reason at all to make that work.

One of these teams OBVIOUSLY is not like the others.

#16 HR Dept, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  17. Mattician

Mattician Member

ESPN, NBA, Bleacher Report, etc...

Most don't like Houston. I really hope the Rockets finally shut everyone up and win a title.

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

David Aldridge is a known Rockets hater

anyone who listens/reads anything that clown puts out is a bigger potato than him

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Interesting. If the Rockets only lost Smoove, Prigs and Terry in the offseason (without picking up Lawson or Thorton) I might be inclined to agree with him. But retaining Brew, picking up Thorton and Lawson at least ends the summer in a null, if not a positive. Odd.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F David Aldridge he's terrible at his job.