1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrible Terrible Officiating

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Sep 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

In the UW/BYU game. UW down 28-21, UW QB rushes in for a TD with 2 seconds left, he spikes the ball and immediately does a chest bump with his teammates. They inexplicably call an unsportsmanlike conduct on the QB, push the PAT back 15 yards and it is blocked.

Just one of the worst calls I've ever seen in my life.

2. LouisianaRocket

IMO, it was excessive. It could have went either way, but I think if I were a ref in that game I might just have thrown the flag as well. If he hadn't spiked it then started chest bumping, it would have been all good.

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Wow, let the kids show some emotion.

4. LouisianaRocket

like I said, if he hadn't spiked the ball and just celebrated with his teammates, then it would have been all good... but the spiking then getting crazy was kind of excessive, it could have went either way honestly... sucks losing a game like that tho, I know.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He threw the ball behind him after scoring the almost tying TD with 2 seconds left. He's not a robot. He did absolutely nothing to show up the other team and only celebrated with his teammates. There are worse actions done after WRs catch passes for first down or defensive players get sacked.

Had that been called on LSU and it cost them a chance at OT, I'm guessing you'd have a different opinion. :)

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

He didn't direct the spike at someone. I would understand if he went and spiked it in someones face. His blood was pumping and he was pumped up after a big play. Either way you say it, terrible terrible call!!!

7. YourSecretLover

it was terrible. ive seen worse

8. LouisianaRocket

it wasn't the celebration that got the flag, it was the length of the celebration that made the flags get thrown. And no, if LSU celebrated like that and got a flag, it would have been all good... our kickers can nail 17 yard FG's :D

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The flag was thrown almost immediately.

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Yeah. No reason for that. They scored while time was running out. They were happy, not taunting.

11. cdastros

cdastros Member

It almost looked like he got rid of the ball to hug his teammates. Bad call, he just scored a touchdown that put them an extra point away from winning the game. What do you expect him to do?

12. junglerules

junglerules Member

Horrible, horrible call. Especially considering the circumstances. Dude just scored a TD to tie the game at the end of regulation. Did they expect him to just hand the ball to the ref and walk back to the sideline? He didn't taunt or show anyone up....

Refs should be suspended for this, IMO.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Terrible rule. It was unsportsman like. But come on, that changed the outcome of a game. :rolleyes:

LOL at SFA.

28-0 TCU over SFA. :( Well, I'm just happy my school one a game last week, their first in like 15 games.

GO HORNED FROGS!
    And Jacks when not playing TCU.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Terrible call.

The ref will be reprimanded by the conference.

15. MacFu

MacFu Member

If they did it in China, I am sure you fool would b**** that they are bots and they suppress emotion. What a hypocrite.

By the way, very terrible call.

16. duwende

duwende Member

I doubt it
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282500264

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

That was a pretty crappy penalty,maybe the ref is related to Tim Donaghy or something?

18. LouisianaRocket

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Horrible Call I can't see how anybody would agree with it. Even if I was a BYU fan I would think that was a bad call.

20. LouisianaRocket

rules are rules, and are in place for a reason. Break the rules, suffer the consequences.