1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some help for those lifting weights..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mathloom, May 10, 2010.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I've noticed every once in a while some questions pop up here about weight lifting/body building and I found this book super useful..

The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding
    Arnold Schwarzenegger (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/New-Encyclopedia-Modern-Bodybuilding-Updated/dp/0684857219/ref=pd_sim_b_3

It's extremely natural for there to be several different opinions about bodybuilding, and for that reason there may be people who disagree with some of his methods..

But for the most part, I think this is an extremely reliable resource and you can pretty much find the answer to every question that pops up your mind when you take up bodybuilding all the way until you get to advanced level.

Again, it may not be for everyone, but as someone who has only recently taken up bodybuilding (a couple of years, on and off until recently), I found this EXTREMELY useful and refer to it ALL the time.

What's also great about it is that you can split the cost between a few people and everyone can use it. Maybe you and your lifting partner. The price is between $15 (used) and $20 (new) but I recommend you get a new one if possible because it's one of those books where the pages start to come out very easily.

Hope that's useful. IMO, the $20 investment in this book will save you tons of money on supplements, personal training, and other books.

Any questions about the way the book is written (instructions, structure, etc), feel free to ask.

2. Dei

Dei Member

I'd like to make fun of him but Arnold's smarter than what his funny accent tends to give off.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i would get the audio book if he narrated it.

4. Mathloom

I hope you speak Austrian.

5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Bodybuilding advice from a steroid user? No thanks.

6. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He's actually a genius when it comes to bodybuilding and how to build muscle. Its a great book, I have it and also have his dvd but if you want just as much information, if not more and also up to date just go to bodybuilding.com. Not only are there thousdands of articles, the forums are extremely helpful

7. Mathloom

How would that affect his advice at all?