1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

yo! (from harlem with love)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by callmened, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

ooooaaaah! elaborate please! :eek:

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Let me break down some of the monikers

Cyberx is our local insider that tells us what Morey has up his sleeve or whats in play that might happen.

Tinman is a man that brings up the past sometimes and hates a certain former Rocket

Clutch,R2K and Dr of Dunk are the mods and don't take no s*** from anybody but will comment back if you go too far or bring up their opinion on certain things.

J.R. is a robot and will post news that just came out. Its sometimes hard to beat him to post an article or news.

Hope i did this right and welcome to Clutch Fans :)

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You echo sentiments of one side of every single basketball argument made on here. And you've done it all in one post. Impressive. You are going to fit in very very well here.

What do you think of Clyde Drexler's announcing? Coming from the outside, I'm curious.

(Welcome by the way and CyberX is a Rockets insider)

4. don grahamleone

Mr. 13 in 33 is a rookie as he implied there is only one hated former Rocket:

[​IMG]

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well, Parsons is a bad shooter, which is what we needed him for. Ariza is better at that role and that's what we want. Parsons refuses to play a role and instead is trying to break out and be a star. He isn't as consistent and not as good at hitting threes. His shot mechanics are stubbornly bad.

As for McHale, it's painfully obvious.

The Jet thing, well, Terry hits threes in Toyota Center. This could be a great move on the cheap.

6. conquistador#11

hey yo, cell block 55 here.
    Only time will tell. Anything short of a trip to the 2nd round is failure.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

parsons is a better player, but since he stopped playing defense ariza is a better fit. career year from 3 and one of the best in regular season and playoffs. plenty of experience. we need more vets. mavs fans are gonna hate when they find otu parsons is a role player on a max contract :grin:

i dont live bev starting. dont need much at pg with this team. a bev/nelson combo would be good enough to compete with. now we have to rely on one of 3 longshot options as a backup pg. im sure bev will hav ea better year but he's not a true pg. i'll go with it for now tho since we're not a contender. loaded with unproven talent, make them compete for minutes. our gm is good at finding those players (parsons, budinger).

u have to follow the rockets close to know the bench. its not great, but its average on paper. dorsey and paps have plenty of experience in the euroleagues. canaan killed the dleague and summer league. daniels proved he's at least a good backup sg. dmo is streaky. clint is our first round pick. a lot of fans are high on ncik johnson. i dont like this approach but i can see how it can work out. as long as there's no high expections for any of them.

most wanted mchale gone. he's good off the court, players like him, but in game he's average. no plays, tons of iso, adjustments far and few between. i hope he steps up since he's in a contract year, but that might mean he'll get another 4 year contract which I DONT WANT! he'd make a good lead assistant coach tho.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

One of the bennies about following the Rockets is Clutchfans, the best sports BBS on the web. You'll learn tons about salary cap, statistics and get the latest NBA and sports news.

I believe one of the best posters around here, Carl H. is from NY if I'm not mistaken.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only Rocket I hate is Pippen.

There are other members who make excuses and hypothetical situations to hide the on court failures of their favorite player

look out for the people who say these words "If" "teammates no good" "kobe"

10. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

You ruined it, it was supposed to be... no that was the Dream, the nightmares came after.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

From a Bronx native who remembers Sweetwater - - Clifton, not Texas a Howdy!

Re: Bev. Injured he's probably better than the stable Knixies are throwing out at the 1.

Re: The 3. $ for $ upgrade, but will that be enough at the 3?

Long time between today and March 1st but I believe Rox will be playing into May, threatening an even later stay date. Gotta believe.

(I even believe if Knixies can survive 'til Summer '15 brighter days may fall upon The Garden.)

12. callmened

callmened Member

In regards to the bench, I guess the plan is hoping someone steps up. (I forgot about the daniels kid). I just think they need more big men. Is capala going to play this yr?

I would love to have beverly on my team. He fits the rockets cuz he doesnt need the ball like harden does. Im just worried about his reckless abandon. I loved nick johnson at arizona (the nephew of ex celtic dennis johnson) but is he a pg or an undersized 2 (like jerryd bayless)

I think Domo has more skill (not talent) than dwight. Its a shame they dont use him

In regards to my knicks:
    - phil gives us credibility
    - triangle is better than iso-melo
    - melo stayed for the money, fine just dont cry when u dont get rings
    - my hopes are:
    1. to shred salary and get rid of these overpriced injured players
    2. Ball movement and improved defense
    3. Jr forgets what team he plays for cuz hes high. (Usually high profile athletes are hard to find. He ALWAYS at clubs...smh. my female friends know him more than I do and they dont watch ball. Smh)

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I want say it was towards the end of the season somebody started a thread and they had stats to back up that ISO Harden doesn't dominated the offense as much as Clutchfans like to think it does. If I remember correctly, Clutch even chimed in, I think Clutch rolls his eyes at the Clutchfans who can only talk about is ISO Harden and Mcfail. Especially, since the offense was one of the best in the league last year. Of course, there were people who disagreed with the stats but it was a good thread.

14. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I thought your most hated Rocket was TMac? No?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

we cleared so much space when tmac asked to be traded, he did the rockets a favor by lying to the knicks and telling him he was 100% and back.

Pippen forced us to trade him after one year and we got a whole bunch of scrubs in return

tmac lied for the rockets

you must be a new rockets fan, look up pippen and the rockets

16. don grahamleone

Could have fooled me

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Pippen didn't have thousands of mindless fans like tmac
    At that time, there were team only fans who only respected players who accomplished things for their teams.

Tmac hits a 3 and his fans think he's Michael Jordan

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

welcome Ned.

I live for the day when the 94 Finals are repeated

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Welcome ! Harlem for Harden ! Book it.

T Jones is solid and you didn't mention him. His game did grow last year and this is year 3. It's now or never time for him.

Nick Johnson looks to be a good bench fire plug for a rookie. Mid-season call up ?

We love McHale over here so that's that on that. Yes, our defensive coach left before the playoffs.

Jason Terry: Now 2 years from an operation. Re-fueled or grounded ? Time will tell.

We saved 7 million a year and didn't lock ourselves in for that elusive 3 guy. Good !

J Lin can now say "it's on me" in some ways. (Except when Kobe slaps him of course.)
    We'll see how that goes.

Hakeem says, "hello !"