1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight invoking Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Terry Teagle, May 1, 2014.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

+1. Everyone is built differently.

2. calcium

calcium Member

I dont know JHarden but I doubt he would be like this.

I reckon all he wants to do is to win, regardless.

But I could be wrong. Would be very surprised if it turns out that he is like this.

3. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

All NBA stars have fragile, sensitive egos and like to protect their turf. Howard is the same way. He's just a little older and more mature now.

4. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I didn't say anything about the NBA keeping Lin down or his fans' expectations. My interpretation of Dwight Howard's comments is based on the fact that you don't hear stars making such statements about role players. It's unusual. In my view, Dwight wouldn't be making these specific statements if the Rockets were up 3-1 or 3-2. He feels a sense of urgency and desperation and he seems to think that Lin could be helpful to the Rockets' winning this series. You also can't ignore the notion that if James Harden were regular season Harden, no statement like this would be necessary.

5. Solaris

Solaris Member

wow, a smiling Asik. What a difference from earlier this year.

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

Dwight Hao(ward).

7. demarco1

demarco1 Member

The superman is mature now... glad to hear that from the superstar like DH, now... waiting for JH to be mature too

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

So now even Dwight is doing a better job of reaching the players than McHale...

McHale = "Lin is now more comfortable being who he really is"

Dwight = "Linsanity! Linsanity! Believe in yourself to do it again!"

Hmmm....

9. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Let's hope Mcfail should at least start Lin over PB. Or at least, give more minutes to Lin and allow lin to do his thing.

So far, PB has done little to help his team. His defense isn't stellar. With the exception to game 2, Lillard has been having great games irrespective of who guards him.

In game 1, Lillard scored 31 points on 47% shooting. 42.9% from 3 point range. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201404200HOU.html

Game 3, Lillard 30 points on 56% shooting and 50% from 3 point range. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201404250POR.html

Game 4, Lillard scored 23 points on 46.2% shooting, and 71.4% from 3 point range. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201404270POR.html

So clearly, PB wasn't doing anything special with regards to the defensive end. Occasionally he might hit some splash 3s, but nothing close to what Lin can contribute in the offensive end when he's allowed to handle the ball.

Game 5, Lillard had his usual game, 26 points on 50 % shooting. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201404300HOU.html

So, if Lillard is going to have this type of game irrespective of who is going to guard him, you might as well have Lin because you get his Linsanity type of basketball. It looks like Dwight is endorsing Linsanity type of basketball. Why not?

Also, a side note, even though Lin lost the ball in game 4, you have to realize that Lin had contributed to all of Rockets win in the postseason, all 2 of them. It was Lin who recovered Harden's TO and created the shot for Daniels for the open 3. It was Lin's game that contributed to the win in game 5. The games where he was relegated, the rockets couldn't do anything. If anything, when Lin was allowed to play his ball, game 5 was a lot easier than the other games.

Let's follow Dwight's advice. Let's have the Linsanity Lin play tomorrow.

10. hltiki

hltiki Member

normally all this mchale hates lin, or mchale, or all the other weakass drama is bs, but this one is real interesting

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

IIRC, Dwight is 1/4 Asian. Kind of see it with his eyes.

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Good post, Lin needs the coaching staff and players to believe in him for him to play at his best.

Mchale should have seen this last year.

13. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

how do people come to these conclusions?

it's the playoffs. every player needs to be supporting by a teammate. id probably be pumping up canaan, covington, and powell as well.

bev has the flu and he has knee problems. what do you expect? he's putting full effort out. hard to hate on the guy.

14. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

supported*

15. adobo

adobo Member

Good on Dwight for his encouraging words. In game 5, you can tell Lin more often than not, was looking for the ball and pro actively making things happen. He was NOT looking to pass off the moment he had the opportunity, and when he was off the ball, he was searching for the ball which you I didn't see often with him before.

I am really curious why he can't play like this all the time. Dwight sees that its all confidence and mental make up of Lin.

He said after the game that he realises that he plays best when his playing for God and no one else....then turn off your instagram, facebook, twitter Lin and open that bible!

P.S. Lin, if your reading this post, then your doing it wrong

16. makio9

makio9 Member

Both Dwight and Lin have something in common and that is they can look just plain bad when doing some moves.

The difference is Dwight shrugs that stupid play off and comes back looking better next time.

Lin on the other hand just lost his confidence and doesn't want the rock any more.

it's totes confidence.

17. battousai

battousai Member

I wish Howard got some encouraging words for Harden. We really need Harden to play well in order to advance.