1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors Team We All Know and Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 6, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

06-07 forever

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8w_1ZEk4mds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OeWYmWYLMZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kbn72J8ass4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. 92i

92i Member

Yes, I used to like those Warriors, especially Baron Davis and J-Rich. Now I hope they lose every freaking game lol. I still respect what they do though, they are probably one of the best team of all time.

3. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Maybe the mavs fall to the 8th seed and gets revenge. How great would that be.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

i dont like the mavs but if they fall to 8th and beat the warriors..that would be the greatest upset of all time. even greater than 8th seeded warriors beating the mavs in 07

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, I don't like the Mavs either... But... If they could upset this year's Warriors that'd be great.

Man I remember this series, so ****ing awesome, wish the Warriors just won it that year. Especially since the Rockets took their usual first round exit. Lol, maybe if they won it they'd not have a super team now...

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Baron Davis, the Beard v.1.0.

Did they steal the "We Believe" slogan from us?

8. BackdoorHarden

Yup. Both don't play defense and both LOVE Hollywood and drinking.

The original beard got drunk the night before the last game of the season agains the Suns. Warriors win, they get into the playoff. Instead, Baron got benched and no one knew why. Everyone just thought Nelson was being Nelly. Months later, story came out Baron was too drunk to play.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man that series was so much fun to watch. Even if I didn't hate Dallas I would have loved that. The fact that it was the Mavericks made it that much sweeter.

They played such a chaotic brand of gimmick ball. They never had a chance to compete for a title playing that way, but boy was it entertaining.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of like us!!!

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

But would Love fit on the Warriors?

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

If Warriors had traded Thompson for Love, I'm guessing these past two years would have been significantly different league wide.

Warriors would be good but not all time great. No Draymond Green evolution. Cavaliers would have Wiggins and likely be a much better team. Rockets maybe get past the Warriors and win the championship. Harden comes back with dedication and focus. Curry ends up being ranked #98 in the #NBARank.

13. BackdoorHarden

The Warriors franchise REALLY got lucky. Think about this:

1.) The Bucks had a choice of either Monta or Curry. They picked Monta because Curry had a bum ankle and Monta had scored over 25 points in a season

2.) OKC first choice was Thompson for Harden.

Warriors said no thanks. How would Harden have fit in with the Warriors?
    Stay at home dad in Curry versus big booty party overtime Harden? Interesting mix

3.) Warriors could have traded Thompson and Green for Love.

WOOOOT. How would that have changed the TWolves???

14. BackdoorHarden

"It was incredibly difficult to trade him, but he’s the piece it had to be to get Andrew Bogut. We would have traded either (Curry or Ellis) to take the next step for this franchise.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25413636/how-the-bucks-are-responsible-for-basically-building-the-warriors

The Warriors aren’t exactly ‘all-in’ with Stephen Curry, would have traded him for Bogut if necessary
    4 Comments
    By Matt MooreMar 17, 2012, 10:37 AM EST

The Warriors really wanted Andrew Bogut. You can argue about whether they should have wanted the 27-year-old injured center who has said his elbow will never recover fully from the horrific fall it suffered and who is currently out with an ankle fracture. But for the Warriors, the trade this past week of Monta Ellis and pieces for Bogut and Stephen Jackson (subsequently spun into Richard Jefferson and a protected pick was about a culture change. Bogut represents an identity shift for the Warriors. On the day Mark Jackson was introduced as head coach during the NBA Finals, he talked about the need to acquire a defensive big man. It got lost in the shuffle of the Finals, but Jackson made it clear that the Warriors on staff weren’t going to get it done. Bogut fits that role perfectly.

The Warriors felt they simply had to get him. And it wasn’t just Monta Ellis who they would have moved to get him. They wouldn’t have moved both, but the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Warriors’ Joe Lacob told the press something interesting about who else could have been sent if not Ellis in the trade:

“I’m getting chills talking about (Ellis) right now,” Lacob said. “He’s one of my favorite players in the NBA. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. I feel very strongly about him. It was incredibly difficult to trade him, but he’s the piece it had to be to get Andrew Bogut. We would have traded either (Curry or Ellis) to take the next step for this franchise.”

via GS Warriors owner Joe Lacob talks Steph Curry injuries and trade possibilities | Golden State Warriors | an SFGate.com blog.

The Warriors thought they had the franchise in 2009 when they drafted him. He was a rookie of the year candidate. But injuries have been a recurring issue and Curry doesn’t dominate offensively, or at least hasn’t with the current structure of the Warriors. Good, maybe even great, not dominate. Lacob’s comments are a pretty clear indication that the Warriors are not sold long-term right now on Curry’s position in terms of being a franchise player.

Maybe he and Bogut can thrive together if they both get healthy. It’s way too early to give up on Curry, and the kid flat-out shoots the light out. He’s about a million miles away from a bust. But Warriors ownership has already admitted being prepared to move him once. Whether that means they’ll have to consider it again depends on his health, his play, and how the Bogut gamble works out.

15. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Not only that, Minnesota went into the Curry draft needing a point guard and picked twice before the Warriors, took two point guards and obviously neither of them were Curry. Ricky Rubio was defensible at the time, as he was considered a phenom. Jonny Flynn, though...was crazy at the time and might be the worst selection of all-time, when you consider both conventional wisdom at the time and how it turned out. I mean, even looking at Bowie-over-Jordan, many NBA observers at the time agreed with the "big over small" logic, absurd as it now seems. Whereas, no one understood the Flynn pick even at the time and they passed over a generational talent for...a complete bust (and not even due to injury).

So the Wolves have played a pivotal role in the history of the building of the Warriors' juggernaut.