1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[CW] Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 7, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The best thing about being on the CW is even with low ratings the network will just let shows run in the background for years if they hold any cult following. That new 90210 show got 5 damn seasons. The show with that chick from The OC got 4 damn seasons. One Tree Hill was on for 6 damn seasons! I love Supernatural, but there is no way it should still be on the air (currently in it's 11th season).

CEG is not as great as Reaper that also got 2 seasons despite abysmal ratings, but it's close.

I think Crazy Ex-Girlfriend gets at least 2 seasons.

1 person likes this.
  2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This is a good show. Episodes 1-5 are available through illegal streaming online site that can be found by simply googling. Episodes 6-10 are on Hulu, CW's website, and some OnDemand services. I believe it's airing episode 11 currently OTA. It's received some awards during award season, and I reiterate it's stupid to not make available all episodes to capitalize on that press, but hey, that's on CW. I just watched 1 and 2 and now I'm hooked. The humor is a mix of Tina Fey and Flight of the Conchords, with it's own style.

Yes, Reaper was awesome.

1 person likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

^cool!! Once it gets pass the thanksgiving episode, the Show gets really dark. That last episode was kind of a downer. The musical sketches kinds helps to make it more light and fun which I like.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This show is surprisingly funny. The musical numbers are mostly a miss, but there are a few notable good ones. Just finished the Thanksgiving episode, so I guess I should prepare for a mood change.

+1 for Reaper. Great show.

1 person likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think the 4th episode (2 episodes before the Thanksgiving episode) is when you realize this isn't a regular comedy; It's a dark comedy.

You really get lulled into thinking, "oh, she's just quirky!" Naw son, this b**** is crazy fareal.

She has serious problems. If you step back and think about the things she has done and just how selfish/manipulating she is you realize we might be following the villain of the series not the protagonist! YET you are still rooting for her.

6. VanityHalfBlack

She's like the female version of this guy: Wu Tang forever!!

[​IMG]

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Eh, I don't think she can be considered a villain. She definitely has mental problems to a degree, as evidenced by all the medication she dumped into the sink, in the pilot.

She's not exactly hurting anyone, which is a hard thing to write for this kind of character. Paula, her only real friend at Whitestone, was stuck in a dying marriage, and now because of Rebecca's antics, Paula's marriage (as of ep 11) is reviving and both parties are happier than they were at the start of the show. Rebecca isn't trying to be a homewrecker, yet she's trying to pull Josh away.

Very smart series so far.

I like that they branched the musical numbers from just Rebecca or ones that need to involved Rebeccca, into numbers that other cast members have solos in.

Agreed. It's got that 30 Rock Fey self-deprecating humor. If this show keeps going on, I can see Bloom winning all the "Outstanding actress in a comedy" awards, for ever.

I wonder what names they'll come up with, for Valencia, next. We've had Vaseline, Velveeta...

1 person likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is the genius of the show. I guess Rebecca isn't hurting anyone, but it isnt for lack of trying.

A lot of good stuff comes as a result of Rebecca's schemes, but Rebecca is only thinking of herself. She has no intention of doing good to do good. Her sole priority is to get Josh.

She knew her best friend was working on her marriage but she still called her to cover for her when she was found in Josh's apartment. She doesn't care about her at all. She has never once asked about her kids, her husband or their relationship.

She is actively trying to steal someone else's boyfriend.

Rebecca befriended Valencia just to get closer to Josh. Valencia also didn't have any friends and was genuinely excited to have a girl friend only to realize it was another scheme.

She is constantly sending mixed messages to Greg (who is also in a relationship). She only seeks him out because Josh is unavailable.

She only wants to be friends with her boss when it is convenient. Remember the only reason she took her boss' daughter's custody case was because Greg said she was a bad person. Rebecca then proceeded to try and frame an innocent woman to prove she was a good person.

The party bus beach episode she didn't want her boss to come even after he explained how lonely he was. He was only allowed to go on the trip because it wasn't going as planned and she needed a bus buddy. Of course as a result of her scheme he got to meet White Josh and his friends and is now part of the group, but it wasn't because Rebecca was trying to make that happen. It was a result of her selfishness and manipulations.

She's the sympathetic villain no doubt about it. Like Julia Roberts in My Best Friends Wedding.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Replies in bold. Agreed with a lot of your points, though - it's not so often that a comedy allows for such discussion.

10. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm hooked on this show and agree she's going to be a star. She has great comedic timing and seems hilarious even in interviews. From youtube videos to golden globes in such a short span is impressive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aQYgdDFNBr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. VanityHalfBlack

I love it that everytime she ****s up her chance with Josh. Greg shows up at the right time thinking its turn the corner and only to fully realized that Josh was already there. I don't think Greg wants to hook up. This dude wants to hit dat ass. Which is what Rebecca wants from Josh,lol. She wants that magic that happened at summer camp and she will stop at nothing to get it. #Textmergency

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's actually text-astrophe, but you keep doing you.

13. VanityHalfBlack

We'll take a vote,hahha

Guys, Textmergency or Text-astrophe?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Text-idermy

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hey cool, Josh is Filipino.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chinese Filipino and a really chinese name

The actor is Filipino for sure

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Get. Out. :grin:

I'm just glad there are more Asians on TV, period.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm really glad I decided to give this show a shot. How I got into it had nothing to do with CEG and everything to do with this:

NSFW:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e1IxOS4VzKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

How do you know he's part Chinese?

20. VanityHalfBlack

His last name is Chan. As in Jackie Chan. Dude kinda looks like machida in that karate Gi though. This show rules by the way.