1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sina]Updated Battier's blog

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoDreaming, Jan 9, 2009.

1. YaoDreaming

YaoDreaming Member

link

SHANE BATTIER

PEAK Blog

January 9, 2009

Happy (American) New Year my friends! I hope that 2009 brings you health, happiness, and prosperity!

You may or may not have heard that I recently have been having a problem from my ankle that will require me to miss a few games. While I am not happy about missing games, I believe that this rest period will benefit me and my ankle in the long run and will help me to be healthy at the most important times.......the playoffs. I have been battling a sore ankle all summer from the recovery from my surgery. The original plan was to limit my minutes on the court when I returned to the court. Unfortunately, because of injuries to Tracy McGrady and Ron Artest as well as the number of games that were on the schedule in December, I probably exceeded my minute limits. I am not complaining about this, because I knew how important it was to win the games that we had to win in December. I was willing to sacrifice a week in January to win the games that we won in December.

I must miss a week because I received a cortisone shot in the area where I received surgery last summer. Cortisone is a high powered anti-inflammatory medicine that will make my swollen joint feel better by reducing the swelling. It will not correct the problem entirely, but it will help me feel better and give me a better chance to manage the pain. The problem with the cortisone shot is that I must sit out a week to let the medicine work. So I am missing the current road trip to recover.

I am confident that this will allow me to at least make it to the All-Star break, where the five days off will allow me to rest my ankle again. That is the positive news. After the All-Star break, I will rely on rest and adrenaline to get me through the rest of the season. I think I can do it.

Thank you for all of your well wishes. I am trying to get back on the court as fast as I can to help my team get better and get closer to our ultimate goal......the NBA Championship.

Here are a few pictures from December. My little man's first Christmas with my family, me in Washington DC at the Lincoln Monument and Zeke's first lesson on the guitar.

I hope you enjoy them!

Talk to you soon

Sb

2. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

3. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Is this saying hes missing another week starting from today?

4. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

That kid looks positively white. Shane got mixed blood?

5. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

I think shane's 50% white and his wife is 100% white.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think I see ridges on the boy's head! Hurray.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Get well soon, SHANE. We need you. :eek: We needed you tonight.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So Shane's son is 25% black? :eek:

Damn imagine that in school. "I'm 25% black".

9. yaorta

yaorta Member

shane's kid grows fast!

10. djimi

djimi Member

good to hear updates on Shane from he himself (i hope its him writing on the blog). corsitone eh? we really need his presence on the court soon. i believe Chron mentioned he will be back for tues game after clocking in some practice time. i really hope when we get all the players back, our team wont be jinxed with injuries for the next 2-3yrs, thats the window we have to win a championship