1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I just never come to this forum, or I would have commented here earlier. Hockey is right there with football for me, and I've had Center Ice the past few years. That will impress you when I tell you that I'm a Flames fan who has not missed a game in three years. It takes real devotion to sit through that garbage every night.

My adopted team for now is the Senators, probably since they know how to score a little bit (and Calgary hasn't scored for years). Once the Rangers finish Ottawa off, I'll have to find someone else for a few weeks.

Nothing better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs. No other sport elevates its play so much for the postseason.

1 person likes this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. Out of the 4 major sports, if there's one with the most excitement, it has to be the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The intensity and the crowd noise is just unmatched for the whole game. Loving all of what's happened so far in the playoffs and it's only day 3.

This was game 1 on Thursday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W1RFvT81-u4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was game 2 tonight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SfJHMt3zj7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xErP4_QFslo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#62 ItsMyFault, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yeah so which one is it? ;) Very few experts or fans had Chicago penned as the underdog in this matchup.

4. ItsMyFault

I still think the Coyotes are the better team. Both teams have missed goals they should have made, I was just complimenting them on playing hard and not giving up. I still think the Coyotes take the series though. I'd love be proven wrong but we did get lucky at the end to even have the chance to go to OT and then the mistake by Aucoin pretty much gave us the game.

Yeah many people have the Hawks as the favorite, I just don't because of the way they've been playing.

5. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Bro.....we are lucky to be at 1-1 and not because of the turnover in OT. The Toews interference call and the Shaw/Smith 5 minutes PP is the main reason we needed another charge at the end. Both penalties were horrible calls adn accounted for 2 goals. The officiating was/is beyond garbage in both games (Game 1 was pretty bad against Phoenix).

That being said.....the Hawks need to tighten up the PP kill and keep attacking Smith with as many bodies in the crease as possible. Crawford is playing lights out and Sharp/Hossa will get better chances at some point. I expect this to go 6 for the Hawks.

Keep the faith brother! Every team is in a dogfight right now! (except Vancouver!!!! :p )

6. sew

sew Member

NHL playoffs never fail to entertain.

****s been crazy

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like Aliya-Jasmine for Hockey. Holly MacKenzie for Basketball.

Both Canadians.

8. napalm06

Personally I don't think the officiating has been terrible in either game. Shaw has been a supreme agitator and had something coming sooner or later. I'm not saying Phoenix is faultless, but I just don't think the reffing has been different than any other series so far.

Oh well, here's to another great day of hockey.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Match penalty for Asham and I would expect a suspension here.

10. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

shanahan will definitely lay the law down for that ugly retaliation after a very good hit.

Can't stand knuckleheads like that

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Damn Pens!!!!

12. Apps

Apps Member

Man, tough stuff for the Penguins. They tried hard to change the complexion of the series with their physical play in this game but they just got absolutely stuffed.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Asham is the ex-Flyer too. I think he gets suspended for (edit: 2 games based on Carkner only getting 1). I think he would've gotten 30-40 if the guy he hit was concussed.. crosscheck to the throat? Ridiculous. Punching a guy in the back of the head whose face is against the ice? just vicious

#73 kaleidosky, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mario Lemieux preparing a letter to the NHL right now.</p>&mdash; Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) <a href="https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/status/191648521840115712" data-datetime="2012-04-15T22:05:42+00:00">April 15, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lulz

15. napalm06

Rep for being a huge hockey fan. Do you live in Salt Lake? If so, I'm currently south of you in the valley. It's a sports wasteland out here.

16. ItsMyFault

Oh, I still have faith, I just want to believe we can beat this team but sooner or later this luck is going to run out which is why I want to see them playing like they did in the 1st half of the season. If they can improve PPGs, we wouldn't have to come back every game. Defensively, Keith and Hjalmarson have to play more consistent.

I'm quite surprised with the way the Pens have played. I thought surely after what Philly did to them in the first two games, they might respond in game 3 and they sorta did. Philly just wanted it more. They got out toughed and at certain points you could see their frustration. Wouldn't surprise me if Philly just completed this with a sweep on Wednesday.

Didn't get to see Detroit and Nashville but I think that series is going to go to 7. Both teams are pretty evenly matched.

I haven't watched a second of NJ and Florida but that's another match up that I could see go to 7 if Florida finds a way to stay in games. They've struggled the whole latter half of March and April.

Watching Kings/Canucks now, hoping the Kings take this game at home. It would pretty much put Vancouver to the ground.

17. Apps

Apps Member

You people have no idea how happy it makes me to see my Kings do this to the Canucks.

I believe that our defense/goal-tending can take us very, very far.

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'd definitely pay to see a St. Louis/LA series.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Best team in the league they said,

President's trophy winners, they said

This is our year, they said

I'm from Vancouver, but i can't help but laugh at Canucks pulling a 07 Mavs.

20. Apps

Apps Member

See, what was strange to me was how everybody kept counting the Kings out just because of where they were placed. They were a mere couple of points from the 3 seed, and literally one win away (against SJ) from the 7th seed. Just because there's an 8 next to their name doesn't mean that that is their level of play. I feel like the Canucks got dealt a pretty unfair hand, actually. The Kings were always, in my mind, a trap at 8. They simply aren't an 8th seed team.

We have an elite-level defense coupled with elite-level goaltending, and a pretty solid top 6, (though our forwards have been slumping pretty much all year). That's never an easy team to take down. It also seems that with the D. Sedin injury, the Canucks just couldn't get any offense going. And that's where going up against the Kings, specifically, really hurt them.