1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Growing Pains

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swooh, Oct 31, 2002.

1. swooh

swooh Member

Well I think its been said before (forgive me) but Rockets fans need to realize that the Rockets are going to need a little time before they start playing their best basketball. To all the pessimists that seemed to come out of the wood-works after the first game...where were you when the rockets were playing well during the pre-season? I might have taken more stock in your concerns had you voiced them 2 weeks ago when the rockets were playing well and everyone was saying how well the rockets were going to do. Now that they loose the FIRST GAME all I seem to hear is how badly Yao and the Rockets looked and how the whole season is down the toilet. I personally don't know how they are going to do, and to make any predictions as to their final regular season record is absurd because there are too many variables. So here is my suggestion to Band-wagon fans and stalwarts alike: give it time and expect the rockets to look a little out of sync for at least the first 4-5 games as they begin to feel their way around. Don't look for Ming to come in and contribute right away because I feel very strongly that you won't see him start to play well until the second half of the season at the EARLIEST. Maybe I'm wrong about Ming and the rockets but thats why they play the game and you and I watch on TV. So how about all the doomsday prophets and rockets zealots relax and just wait and see what happens. :)

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

steve looked great, cat scored his average, and cato had 17 rebounds (and it wasnt a preseason game).

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I thought that was what the preseason was for.

I think the main reason for the bad attitudes is the fact that the Rockets DID look good in the preseason (granted it was mostly our bench guys against other teams' bench guys). From what I can tell, there is nothing (other than a little experience) that makes Indiana significantly better than the Rockets. If the Rockets want to make some noise and progress through the playoffs, they will need to step it up during the rest of the season and beat the Indianas and Minnesotas of the NBA.

4. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

I agree. Give the guys some time. Especially Yao. Most of the guys are still very young. It just takes time to build chemistry. Takes the Mavs for example. With basically the same team it still took them 3 years before they started to gell. The Rockets will be contenders again you just have to give them time. Don't be so damned impatient!