1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teen admits to killing, then raping mother: ‘Guess I lost my virginity to a dead corpse’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, early detection and possibly to see what triggers violence. The vast majority of psychopaths are not violent.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good post...and I hope you don't consider this post as picking at you. I agree with the rest of the post. I'm just not agreeing with this opening statement.

In a wolf pact, if one "goes rouge" and tries to kill its mother and sister the Alpha wolf will take it down, because they are his pack and concubine assets. (Morey reference..haha) Such that, this never actually even happens. It doesn't happen.

not sure what your examples of a "going rouge" means in other social species versus what humans can do.

I think you are talking about a challenger to the Alpha leaves the pack after losing. And that is based on wanting to have sex with the females and is pure Darwinism.

Our aberrations have nothing to do with Darwinism. We are special and weird in this regard to other social species.

We have aberrations that can speak, and gain trust, empathy and pity, from social circles that they didn't even arise from. We can't listen to them. We just have to take them down....

#82 heypartner, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  3. torocan

torocan Member

They can't be rehabilitated at THIS point in time. That doesn't mean that they can never, ever be rehabilitated.

A significant number of mental disorders have become treatable to varying degrees over the past century with improvements in medical science. At a minimum an improved understanding of the triggers of certain behaviors can help with early detection and diagnosis, as well as possible mitigation of those behaviors through direction into constructive behaviors.

As for the role of "psychopaths", there are any number of career options where psychopaths have excelled without becoming criminal murderers. Spys, certain types of military operations, interrogation and even some roles in business are just a few of the careers that can benefit from a lack of empathy or being essentially amoral.

For example, Forbes did an article where they listed the top 10 careers MOST likely to attract a true psychopath...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2013/01/05/the-top-10-jobs-that-attract-psychopaths/

This is aside from the benefits of psychopathy in non-civilian roles like the military, intelligence work, etc.

4. Nook

Nook Member

There is a difference between psychopaths and violent psychopaths. I have met a number of psychopaths in other professions. They still have serious consequences to society as they typically have terrible relationships, are emotionally abusive and do not fit into society. The idea that they are beneficial to society is not held by most experts to society.

As far as curing violent psychopaths, that isn't even on the radar at this point. We know that their brains are actually hard wired differently through using advanced CSCAN technology. The "hope" at this point is to understand them better to identify them earlier and limit the damage they do.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Also psychopaths have very limited appeal in a non civilian arena. They would make terrible spies because they could not be trusted. A psychopath operates purely out of impulse or self interest. They have no fear of the consequences of their actions and would turn double agent if the position was more beneficial.

A psychopath has limited appeal to the military because true psychopaths do not take orders or work well with others, which is a necessity for the military.

Don't confuse psychopaths and sociopaths. A sociopath is a different disorder and are often found in Navy SEAL units and can be beneficial. Sociopaths are more common and while they can be limited, can fit in society, have successful families and contribute to society.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Is there anyway I can block or hide this thread? I'm sick of seeing it every time I look in the BBS.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

True story. Or at least have this moved to the D&D.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I understand the concept of psychopaths. You are simply bypassing the humanity and feel retribution is necessary for the way they were born. There are many groups that whine "oh this is the way I was born, I can't help it", but there are genuinely people who are born completely miswired from the rest of us.

And yes, i do have pity for them. Because the ONLY decent solution is immediate humane death.

On the other hand, I have no sympathy for manipulative self centered people who know the difference between right or wrong, but yet continue to step on anyone and everyone for their personal gain; by passing morals and ethics in the name of the law. Unfortunately, this is not limited to sociopaths and psychopaths.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Agreed. When can we ban religion altogether so those people can't have their way anymore?