1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Growing Pains And The Long, Slow Search For Chemistry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheMystery008, Nov 8, 2012.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Original Article

2. trowa

trowa Member

yup, we need tjones.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know. I used to have a shortcut to Chemistry. Got there on time, but god, I hated that class. The Periodic Table can kiss my arse!

1 person likes this.
  4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Probably just me. But I find it worrisome that the Rockets need career or league-leading scoring from Harden to beat the dregs of the EC.

I find it strangely odd that teams with talent seem to develop "chemistry". Out of the clear blue...Kobe, Pau and Dwight will suddenly go on a winning streak. And some will want to attribute it "chemistry". Perhaps "talent" might have had some input?

(Sorry KG...but aging talent just might not pack enough "chemistry" these days).

Most die-hards on the board will struggle with it. They'll angrily over-react. But...in spite of cap flexibility, draft picks, and "assets"...the Rockets are still short on talent.

Like I've said before...it's no longer Summer League.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Kevin McHale needs to stop worrying about Chemistry and start worrying about

A) Giving Terrence Jones playing time
    B) Giving Jeremy Lin higher usage rate

This will save me the time and effort to sort through all the fire McHale/why no play rookie/Lin needs ___ threads and view some more fruitful discussions.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Isn't it natural for people new to their jobs to take longer to develop chemisty with their co-workers? While veterans who have done the same job for years would take less time?

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's not true at all. The other day I ran a plug instead of a column. Heck, sometimes I run distillations in place of a column

Oh, you mean chemistry between personalities... I agree, it will take time for these guys to mesh, but with them being so young and every one of them having something to prove it will go by really quickly.

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

1) We have the youngest team in the league, meaning the least experienced.
    2) We only have 4 players from last year on the team
    3) We have only played 4 games
    4) Our best player has been on the team barely a week

How many years did it take for the Hakeem era Rockets to get the right players and play well consistently? Is Harden as good as Hakeem?

The above should give perspective to things for those that feel all the cogs should be in sinc already.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

All McHale needs to do is give the guys two shots of Patron and wait 30 mins. Instant chemistry. Trust me.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...

Now if it was some good Glenfiddich and some cigars I might agree with you good sir. Can Jeremy Lin even drink?

11. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Arsenic Sulfur!

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sir I use my tried and tested technique on da ladies. Why would a 6'7 basketball player be any different?

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

When the caterpillar is transforming into butterfly its doesn't simply grow wings and becomes butterfly...no.....first it rather totally desintegrates into 'catterpillar soup' and then out of the catterpillar soup beggins the creation and growth of the butterfly...

thats why the learning curve has its ups and downs no mater what skill we learn... there are some phases in the learning curve when no matter effort and practice, the skill is going down...

on the contrary in that period, the more you practice the more it goes down...that's why its's important to relax and not to force...somebody nicely noticed that we're better of playing on instinct i 1st two games than after having some time to practice plays together...

14. conquistador#11

chemistry would look much better without the teenwolf offense. There is the perfect time for it, but not through the first 47 minutes of the game. Move the ball don't let it get "sticky"

15. sando

sando Member

How about Lakers?

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Sir, I think your method might be too effective... The next thing we know Chandler Parsons and Jeremy Lin hook up, then a lovers quarrel and then someone demands a trade... At least that has been my experiences with tequila and women.

17. torocan

torocan Member

Last year, the Papparazi caught Jeremy Lin out at a nightclub with his team mates.

Not only did he stay out until 1:00am, but they caught him red-handed with a light Beer!

Hopefully his party animal ways haven't caught up with him...

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, we haven't even gotten to the point of worrying about chemistry. Judging from last night they don't even know how to run the offense yet, and that was after three days of practice.

19. cbb139

cbb139 Member

I am not so concerned with chemistry, given time, these guys will get it right. I am concerned with the backup point guard, that Douglas, he can defend, but shooting and running an offense? Ugh! Wasn't he the pg for Knicks before Link took over?

20. alethios

alethios Member

I actually understood what you first meant, actually having worked as a chemistry tech at a nuclear power facility for a number of years, though our focus was on metals and inorganic chemistry. We need to focus on organic chemistry for the Rockets. There's some NBA skills in our group that need to re-combine.

I second the single malt titration model for improving chemistry.

1 person likes this.