1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brennan Williams waived

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: The Texans have waived 2013 3rd round OT Brennan Williams with the failed physical designation.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statuses/491328242406920193">July 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Buck Turgidson

Disappointing but not unexpected. Reminds me of Charles Spencer, who could have been a beast at OT.

3. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly what I was going to reference...

Hope Newton can show a ton of improvement this year to round out the OL.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> 2013 draft class: 9 players taken. 6 have never played a down for Houston. 3 no longer with organization. Quessenberry out for now.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPalmerCSN/statuses/491335986107154434">July 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Fantasma Negro

Eric Winston is available. He may have lost a step in pass protection but he's still a solid run blocker

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Bill O'Brien in June: "Brennan Williams is...still here."

Bill O'Brien in July: "Brennan Williams is...not here anymore."

What a surprise!

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This 100% the reason why Rick Smith still has a job....scratching my head...argh... And the pathetic part is that he can leech on with O'Brien for a few more years...This team needed that total team cleansing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Summer of 2014 continues to roll on. A time that will live in infamy in Houston sports lore......

On a side note, while I understand that this particular situation might not give any insight into Rick Smith's job performance, is he even being held to ANY standards?? At what point will one of the BOB's look at him and ask, "What is it that you say, you DO here??"

[​IMG]

#8 Fyreball, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kubiak's last draft?

Rocket River

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's disappointing. So right now we just have Brown, Newton, Will Yeatman, and a bunch of undrafted rookies at OT. That's inspiring. No wonder Newton was already named the starter at RT.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is pretty bad news but it's not unsurprising, we picked two linemen prospects that year, one has cancer, the other had microfracture surgery....talk about terrible luck.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I meant to say "it's not surprising" not "it's not unsurprising".....it's been a long day.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not fair to compare Williams to Spencer...

Spencer played extremely well when he was on the field. Brennan has been nothing but "potential"...he's never shown any ability that made everyone stop and think he could be manning the tackle spot for years. Spencer actually did show that ability. Big difference.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have heard the legend of how comprehensive the exams [physical and mental]and background checks are
    I have to wonder. . . .
    Terrible Luck . . . or Lack of thoroughness and scouting?

Rocket River

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I was being kind, probably at least a little bit of bad luck and at least a little bit of incompetence.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Rick Smith extension coming.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

2002, 2003, and 2013 drafts were straight trash

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

To my anonymous rep...

NFL analysts had the Texans winning it all in at the start of the 2013 NFL season. Not just overzealous fans like myself....Of course we all have moments of unreasonable opinion...but after 10 plus years of utter and complete garbage...is it too much to ask for a team to remain similar to what was shown in 2011, and 2o12?? A playoff team?? Instead the performance put up during the 2013 season was atrocious. No one expected Kubiak, Wade, Matt, Foster, Cushing, Joseph, the defense and offense to completely regress all at the same dang time. Period. Even if we didnt make the playoffs...zero percent of people truly believed that we would be competing for the #1 pick by October. Zero.

And yes hindsight is always 20-20...glad you feel vindicated a year later. Oh and btw next time, post your sig...

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Nice!

The ones that have played are a 1st round pick that is at best a 2nd option.

A safety that was part of a terrible secondary.

And lastly, a TE who will soon be replaced by the TE we just took.

This franchise is a joke...

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that kind of BS happens far too often. I wouldn't worry too much about the opinion of someone who won't even put a damn screen name next to their comments.