1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which one would you like to see most?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Wattafan, Jul 13, 2014.

?

Which one would you like to see for Texans?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2014.
  1. Coach O'Brien looks like a genius.

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Tom Savage looks like a top 5 QB in the making.

60 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Louis NixIII looks like a lock.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jadeveon Clowney lives up to the hype.

12 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Brian Cushing plays a full season and looks great.

9 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. The Oline looks very good.

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. The secondary plays very well.

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. Texans snag a playoff berth

32 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. The running game is positively fearsome.

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

There are many elements go toward a top flight NFL team and Texans have question marks over most of them.
    Key players also have a big impact on a team and one need look no further than Brian Cushing as captain of the defense. If he is unavailable, the defense basically turns into a dumpster fire. (The same would happen with JJ Watt.)
    The Head Coach is the most important and QB is the most important on the field and Texans have ones with question marks on them too.
    So, take a look at the poll, and pick the one you hope happens for us this year.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Franchise QB > virtually everything else in the NFL. If Savage looks like a top 5 guy (which I don't think is likely) that would be the best news in the world for the Houston Texans.

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Yeah, the only way we see that for Savage is if for some reason he gets to play at least half the season, but it only takes an injury to Fitz and he could get a chance - especially in garbage time or if CK looks lost.
    My second choice would be O'Brien looks like a genius - that would auger well for the whole team and their overall chances.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Making the playoffs is all that matters. Anything individual is irrelevant if they're still losing.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I chose "BO'B looks like a genius". If that happens, many of the other options happen by default.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My thinking was the same. If BOB looks like a genius then most of the other things happen anyway, gotta love a "have your cake and eat it too" sort of situation.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Same could be said about a playoff berth.

8. Major

Major Member

I'd rather see potential for future greatness than a 9-7 playoff berth thanks to some flukiness, with no sense that BOB is all that great or that the team has a QB of the future.

9. Major

Major Member

Not necessarily. You could have a bunch of major injuries and BOB makes Ryan Fitzpatrick into a serviceable QB that gets an injury-riddled team that should be 3-13 to 7-9. That makes BOB look like a genius but doesn't really do anything else.

10. Buck Turgidson

I want to see progress towards being a very good football team in the near future. I'd frankly be happy with just being able to watch watchable football this year. But definitely need to see growth & progress.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Easily Savage at top 5. You could replace his name with anybody, if Danny Devito could be a top 5 QB for us I'd be fine with it. Tier 1QB locked in to a rookie scale? Huge.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'd think 9-7 and in the playoffs after 2-14 would be pretty great no matter what it means. Plus, as we've seen over and over, it's only about being hot at the right time in the playoffs. Can't win the championship if you're not in the tournament.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Super Bowl

Rocket River

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I picked that the Texans snag a playoff birth. Why? Because if they do that, then it means many of those things on the list came true. Why pick one when you can have 5 or 6?

15. Major

Major Member

Minnesota 2012 went from 3-13 to 10-6 and in the playoffs. They had Christian Ponder at QB and didn't have a particularly good offense or defense. Nor a particularly noteworthy coach. No one confused them for being a good team or a contender for anything, and not surprisingly, they went right back to 5-10 last year. Making the playoffs doesn't necessarily mean any of the other things in the poll happened.

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Your devil's advocate scenario still doesn't mean many of the other options didn't happen.

17. Major

Major Member

It could, though. My point is simple - the poll is designed to try to identify what it is people really value out of this season. So when picking "make the playoffs", you should try to envision that in isolation from the other options. Thus the Minnesota 2012 example.

Similarly, with "BOB is a genius", you want to imagine a scenario where you get that but not necessarily everything else - that's the example I created. If you pick "BOB is a genius because it means other things happened", you're kind of evading the intent of the poll - is BOB being a genius the important part to you, or is it that all the other things happened?

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Clowney living up to hype is the most realistic, but Savage being top 5 would be ideal (but not happening)

19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Savage being a top 5 qb means the Texans will be competitive for the next 10 yrs.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Some of your post I can question because teams like Seattle and Denver were hot all year. But than you got teams like Green Bay, New York, and Baltimore who barley made it in and got hot and won it all. I'll leave out the fact that all three of those teams had quarterbacks who are better than Fitzpatrick, but you're absolutely right... Can't win it if you ain't in it.