1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Singing your first round pick doesn't cut into the MLE.

2. fv court

fv court Member

looks like Dallas has cut ties with him.

Rick Carlisle on (Al-Farouq) Aminu: “With (Shawn) Marion not being back we need athletic lean defenders, and he’s going to be one of our best guys.”

...and he doesn't appear to be getting much interest from other teams. sign him for the remainder of the MLE (or less). He's good for 10-15 minutes a night.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he wants to join us for the rest of the MLE for a year, with a 2nd year team option, I am ok with it.

Don't think he will come here though. That doesn't bother me, but I am somewhat disappointed that Aminu was signed so cheaply by Dallas. We could used him as a backup for Ariza.

The failure to get Papanikolaou for part of the MLE despite his buyout problems might prove to be another mistake by DM and Les. I am quite sure it wouldn't have come in the way of Nick Johnson's signing.

It should be easier to get him next year, but having a bird in the hand is worth than not being able to acquire a FA with part of the MLE.

4. baubo

baubo Member

My own speculation. The Rockets are waiting to land a third guy. maybe Dragic maybe someone else. They are not willing to risk giving long term money to anyone until that happens. This maybe why they haven't committed to Marion yet. Similar thinking with matching Parsons. Only go allin when the major pieces are acquired.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

agreed, but I think they have a verbal with Marion and are waiting on the PG position to play out to know exactly how much they can offer him. But I believe a framework for Marion is already agreed to.

6. saleem

I don't think any starting caliber PG will have any impact on the rest of the MLE. Marion isn't worth more than that. If Marion wants a full 2 yr guaranteed deal, then DM/Les should say no to him.

7. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

What is your reasoning for believing this other than hope?

8. studogg

If we don't trade for a PG, we may have to sign sessions. Given the limited remaining market for Marion and Sessions, it might be how we break up the MLE and to whom we use the BAE on.

9. saleem

Yes, there may be a possibility of that.

10. studogg

we currently do not have a backup three. We have almost all of the MLE and the full BAE. While I believe Morey will gladly go into the season with one or the other, I am sure he wants to have a backup three and would like an upgrade at backup PG. Canaan is not ready. ISH is a third string emergency PG.

11. Dream Shake 81

I'll sacrifice watching his god awefull shot for s

12. Dream Shake 81

I'll sacrifice watching his god awefull shot for some vet leadership and a solid Mav hater!
    Sorry for the edit..

13. Mr Chuck Norris

I mean we still have Gee technically

14. studogg

and his beautifully fully unguaranteed contract.

can you say Asset??? :)

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm in this camp as well. We probably told him that if certain things happen over the next month or two, we will sign him to the rest of our MLE and a partially guaranteed 2nd year. He has to wait because he probably doesn't have any other comparable offers.

There's too many things surrounding the rockets right now that don't make sense.

- Hamilton hasn't signed anywhere (rockets have offered to do a SnT)
    - Garcia hasn't signed anywhere (Bima theorized that he could be in store for a large, one year pay day to help us have enough salary to execute a bigger trade)
    - Love trade hasn't happened
    - Bledsoe hasn't signed
    - Marion hasn't signed

My guess is the Love trade has already been agreed to in principle. Probably a 3 way with Cleveland, Minnesota, and the 76ers. Once it happens, then we will see a flurry of activity with Bledsoe, Monroe, Marion, and others signing.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources say Shawn Marion is in Cleveland today on recruiting visit with Cavaliers</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/496408027205885952">August 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hey <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a> that's <a href="https://twitter.com/matrix31">@matrix31</a> meeting with Blatt. Is there anything there? <a href="http://t.co/FE58werDX5">pic.twitter.com/FE58werDX5</a></p>&mdash; Gator Schouten (@gatorschouten) <a href="https://twitter.com/gatorschouten/statuses/496406021137367040">August 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As intrepid <a href="https://twitter.com/gatorschouten">@gatorschouten</a> caught with camera, league source confirms what's apparent in photo: Cavaliers met with free agent Shawn Marion.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/496408321583087620">August 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

They can only offer him vet min. Room exception went to Mike Miller. Spurs can offer full MLE, we have about $4.5mill of our MLE left after Johnson

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Can't be mad at morey for not getting Marion if he goes to the cavs.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Shawn Marion is a natural target for Indy in the wake of Paul George's injury but LeBron's presence, I'm told, indeed gives Cavs upper hand</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/496415261386227712">August 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

20. brennan713

brennan713 Member

So is it time to give Jordan Hamilton a call back?