1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case "Keep'um" Keenum | Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr. Dominant, May 9, 2014.

?

Are you all in for Case Keenum to be the starter this year?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2014.
  1. Yes

38.6%
  2. No

31.2%
  3. Maybe

19.8%
  4. I don't care what the Texans do this year

8.0%
  5. I have given up on the Texans for all eternity

2.5%
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

"Jaws" also had Johnny Manziel as a 3rd/4th round quarterback and Schaub as a top-10 guy in these same rankings heading into last season.

"Jaws" says a lot of things.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yes this is what im hoping, Case has the higher ceiling with more mobility and improvision. Fitz may make the Texans respectable but by rolling the dice with Keenum the Texans could be an exciting and unpredictable contender.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, if we're going into this season not expecting to make any noise, then have nothing to lose. Might as well go with Keenum, if thats the case.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think the "high ceiling" stuff is BS. You haven't seen him play enough, so there's an element of the unknown, but that's not the same thing as having a high ceiling or a lot of potential. People seem to forget that Case spent 6 full years at UH and then spent a year on the Texans practice squad. He's 26. It's not like he was a 21 or 22 year old rookie last year. TJ Yates is 27. But people act like Yates was done developing while Keenum has tons of room to grow.

I'm not saying he can't get better, but it's not like he's a raw, young (by NFL standards) kid with all this potential just waiting to be tapped.

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

Kurt Warner was 27 years old and a complete unknown when he led the rams to the Super Bowl.

I believe he can recapture that magic he showed us in the beginning. He's got foster and team won't mail it in like last year.

We already know what we got with Fitzpatrick. He's not the answer. I hope keenum really impresses obrien and makes it a tough decision.

6. newAge_Rockets

I'm actually excited for preseason because I know Case will shine. He's incredibly driven, and I know he's gonna take the experience from last year and turn himself into something special.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think Case will be better than last season, and could do more with the team not mailing it, but he is not the answer at QB at least, not in a long-term.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I believe Case has more upside than Fitz, and BO'B would get the most out of either. A healthy Brown and the lineman we drafted should make the o-line much better than last season's. The qb'ing will be much better than year regardless of who starts.

9. SuraGotMadHops

I can see Keenum outplaying Fitz and Savage (shouldn't be too difficult to do) in preseason and winning the starting job. I predict he'll play at a level somewhere in between when he was at his hottest (first half - Colts game) and his worst (second half - Chiefs game), and put up a decent season. Then we'll try this whole let's find our next qb again next year.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

During the "red zone/plus territory" 7-on-7 period, Arian Foster ran a route out of the backfield only to have Fitzpatrick sail the throw down the sideline. Two plays later Foster ran the same route on the other side of the field. Fitzpatrick got this one closer but not so close that Foster needed to LAY OUT, full on dive for the football. < Just another reason why Case will be the starter.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LOL @ even using the words "high ceiling" in the context of current Texans QBs

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

LOL @how you like to twist words, I think it was "higher". Which means Fitz ceiling has been reached and is starting to sag.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes. Case is my favoritest QB after Kolb before him, since I watched them both live when I was in college. Coogs pride!

I don't know anything about the NFL though... is he any good? I heard the Texans are going to be good this season?

14. Mr. Clutch

I'm just saying that both have really low ceilings.

Savage has the highest ceiling.

15. Progs

Progs Member

I've seen enough. Case should start.

16. AceballerGTR

AceballerGTR Member

exactly what I came here to post

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Shades of last year for Case: starting in a hole, penalties, dropped passes, but of the three QB's he looked the most poised tonight. I would give him more "burn" next week. Fitzpatrick is just what I expected. When you are bad for ten years, you are probably bad.

18. Mr. Clutch

They all suck

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Case sucks the least doe

but for real, rick smith should be fired this year if we go less than 500

all this quarterback talent around, and you settle for the guy that's been consistently bad

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

case is the least worst..