1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Is Draymond Green worth the max?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Major

Major Member

Exactly - every team should be "overpaying" to try to lock up players this offseason long-term where possible.

2. a711

a711 Member

That's why it was so silly that the Warriors got so much **** in this very subforum when Klay got the max. and why it's dumb for people to think Draymond won't and shouldn't get the max this season. You got to lock these folks down.

The Warriors are going to have Klay, Steph, and Dray on near-max deals, and none of them will be true max deals (like what LeBron or Dwight have).

3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

They have Harrison Barnes, who is pretty damn good, backing him up. They have options or a least some negotiating power. I doubt they give him the max.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Is he gonna get the max now or hes still not worth it?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I think he's good because of the talent around him, and that's a nice attribute, and he's aggressive to the point of annoying, also another nice attribute, but not a max player on a team that does not have a superstar. He works hard and has improved.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Wait till to see what the Mavs offer Green. Don't be surprised if they offer the max.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yes, he will get the max. Someone will offer it. The Lakers and Knicks have tons of money to spend. The Pistons would love to bring him back to Michigan. And Cuban would sign him just to screw with the Warriors(not to mention the career of their current PF is winding down).

Whether or not he's actually worth 15-16 mil is another debate. I think he probably is worth that since a year from now it won't seem like that much under the new cap.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As long as Green can successfully defend PFs and Cs on a semi-regular basis, he is worth the max to them. The versatility he gives the Warriors lineup takes them to another level.

Needs to work on his 3-point shot to better abuse big men on the perimeter. If he does that, oh boy. I can't think of a player that gets so many wide-open "practice" shots each game.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

to the warriors he is definitely worth the max but probably just for their team because of how well he fits into what they do in their system.

now for other nba teams, not likely. but any team would love to have him now regardless.

10. mercy road

mercy road Member

Yep. He is worth the max to GS, and probably only GS, but other teams will offer it to him.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

13. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

If the Warriors give him the Max does that mean that they can't afford Barnes? Oh Man Harrison Barnes will be such a good fit here.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

No way is he worth that much.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Draymond Green is a "market max" player. yes.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Draymond Green on free agency and possibly signing with Detroit: &quot;Nahhh, I don't even want to pretend I'm going somewhere else.&quot;</p>&mdash; LOLKNBR (@LOLKNBR) <a href="https://twitter.com/LOLKNBR/status/611210395949252608">June 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That quote is meaningless. He'll sign a max offer if it's put in front of him. Does anyone seriously think a 25 year-old former 2nd round pick who's never made even a million bucks in a single season is gonna sit back and pass on every other team that throws 15 mil/yr at him with the hope that Golden State will offer him the same amount of money out of the goodness of their hearts? He'll sign the biggest deal out there under the assumption that the Warriors will match it.

Barnes will likely re-sign with the Warriors in 2016. But they'll probably have to let Ezeli go when he's up for free agency the same offseason. I don't see how they keep both guys without paying an ungodly amount in luxury tax. Unless of course, they dump Bogut(his deal runs through 2017). But that would cost them depth at the center position and significantly impact them defensively.

18. YaoMayne

YaoMayne Member

Guys he's not going anywhere We should hear about an extension any day now. They JUST won a championship no ones going anywhere

19. Asian Sensation

Players always say they're not leaving but in this case I really believe he's not going anywhere.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's going to get a max offer and it's gonna be a bargain for his services. The guys is 2nd place in DPOY voting and is a versatile stretch 4 to boot. He is the Shawn Marion of our time.