1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cannot WAIT until the return of CLOWNEY, can you?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 10, 2014.

?

I cannot wait. Can you?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2014.
  1. I cannot wait, either! He will wreak havoc and we will win!

58.3%
  2. He will have some impact, but we will still lose.

21.3%
  3. He will have NO impact.

4.6%
  4. Who's Clowney?

4.6%
  5. Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

11.1%
  1. Airdough

Airdough Member

The Rockets got more production out of Thabeet than the Texans might get from the walking talking PUP list.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

So Clowney might not play due to illness on Sunday? He must be having issues with his menstrual cycle this week.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Well.......... this was COMPLETELY predictable.

T
    E
    X
    A
    N
    S
    MEDIOCRITY

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What is texansm?

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He's barely played..does he even like football?..we should've traded back and drafted Barr..

6. Raven

Raven Member

So when do we officially label his selection a mistake? If he can't deliver a solid game against the Browns, after the bye, it's going to be difficult to criticize anyone using the word bust. He's the number one overall pick, and the bottom line is that the Texans haven't gotten any return on their investment. I'm not using the B word - yet - but it's getting close to that point.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I'm trying my best not to use that word also. but all the signs are pointing that way. Our entire team is banged but they go out there play. For example Cushing is moving like his knee is about to explode. But if clowney has to be 100% to play smh, even if he's 99.9% he wouldn't be able to play. So far he hasn't play in none of our big games. We needed him for dallas and we definitely needed him for the colts. We watched the texans lose 14 games in a row last year for 5 quarters from the #1 pick. This sucks. If he keeps this up, I think we should trade him for a first round pick or a established QB.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wasn't a huge fan of his going into the draft. Started supporting him once it looked like he was our pick. I ended up getting behind it. Looks like I was orginally right. Someone needs to smack this kid in the head and wake him up.

Unless he has Ebola or is hospitalized with an illness, it shouldn't be an excuse for him not to play.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

GT decision.

I worry about the Eagle game now.

Having a somewhat healthy Clowney would have been nice, but then again he was going up against there stud LT.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

What would be the over/under on how long Clowney would last it in a military boot camp?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? He'd fly though it with ease. You don't have to be a world class athlete to make it through boot, even if he got injured he could probably meet the standard without too much trouble. If you've ever been through it, you'd know that.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Fixed

I think he'll play Sunday though

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Clowney wouldn't make it through boot camp for fat kids trying to lose weight.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, you were just trying to be funny rather than being taken seriously? Gotcha.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

If you knew about boot camp, you'd know it's more about heart than athleticism. Not saying Clowney doesn't have heart, but his has been questioned long before he was ever a Texan.

Oh wait, I'm quite sure the military's obstacle courses grounds aren't perfect. So he might step in a real "hole" and fail camp due to injury.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, let's not be simple minded here, playing in the NFL requires elite athleticism to step foot on the field, going through boot does not. I dislocated my knee in basic and didn't get recycled because I made it through anyway, you can't do that in the NFL. As for those who "question his heart" I wouldn't pay very much attention to anyone banging that drum because from what I've seen, they aren't credible or all that informed.

I know you guys think the sky is falling right now...and have been looking for a reason to scream and whine but this isn't it. Keep waiting, I'm sure there will be a legitimate reason for your tears eventually.

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I'm looking for Clowney on the field. Season's half over, yet haven't seen him much.

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Clowney has zero incentive to play until he is 100% healthy. He has already been drafted number one and it isn't a contract year unfortunately.

Can we get Whitney Mercilus some HGH and a hyperbaric chamber already??

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I'm trying to find a way to defend Clowney without sounding like Hey Now! on all those Schaub threads