1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Cushing Ever Return to Form?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Brando2101, Oct 26, 2014.

?

Will Cushing ever return to his pre-injury skills?

1. Yes

10.4%
  2. No

89.6%
  1. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

Thomas Davis tore his acl three times in three years. And he has managed to come back and be a very good player. Just one example though. Cushing will do everything he can to get back to being a good player. That's all we can really ask for at this point. We'll see.

2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Demeco had a torn achilles tendon.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Cushing is missing another game because of his knee. I'm not really surprised or concerned about this game. I would be if there wasn't a bye week next week but why bring him in for a game when you have a free week of rest coming up. If he doesn't play in every game after the bye week then I think we have a lot to worry about.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Seeing how he looked, and how he was "hurting" the defense, it is not a bad thing to have Dent/Mo in there instead of him.

The only way he's valuable is if he's back to being his speedy/powerful self... and odds are, that's not going to be the case for this year.

5. Buck Turgidson

I was pretty sure he wouldn't look like his old self this year, but was surprised he was as slow/tentative as he's looked. 2-years to get back to "normal" from major knee surgery is pretty standard.

I miss the old Cushing. Dude was so fun to watch.

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I'm not totally shocked it is taking this long but I am a little surprise. He had almost a year but maybe a year is more reasonable when you build back a knee from nothing.

7. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I voted yes simply on the strength of Cushing's tenacity.
    There is a player on either Saints or Panthers who has returned from 3 knee surgeries and is performing at a high level so it is possible.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The odds are against him... no matter how much time you give him.

Maybe if he was playing a non-contact sport like baseball or basketball... but he doesn't. His shelf-life was already on a clock as is.

9. Buck Turgidson

Yep, but he doesn't even look like 75% of the player he was. Will be interesting what they do with him in the offseason, contract-wise.

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I used to called him Damage INC., now I just call him Damaged…..:(

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think he will return to form, next year, look at Gronk, he has more knee surgeries than Cushing, and it took him, like 10 games last year to be back not 100%, then he injured again, and now after 8 games (maybe 6 games), he is back to his old shape.