1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond green, system player

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, May 1, 2016.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Don't mean to troll too hard but where all those folks who hate on draymond green? Convinced he's a true stud yet?

2. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

He is the true MVP.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Like DD would say, he's a Super Role Player.

4. dmoneybangbang

Definitely not a system's player since every system would love a player who can pass, defend multiple positions, and shoot the 3 ball at a good clip playing the 5 position.

I think the GSW's "system" focuses on being fundamentally sound and Green is a fundamentally sound player who also has great bball IQ. Green knows when and where players will on both sides of the floor.

I hate his face but would love for him to be on my time.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Stop being so defensive. It's insufferable.

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I actually kind of hope curry stays out so gsw can show everyone how much better they are than everyone. No doubt Spurs and Cleveland will be hard but it would make the playoffs much more interesting.

I love green. Personally think he's a top 10 player overall in the league. You obviously wouldn't build a team with him as your primary scorer, but him as your best player is very apparently still a quality team.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

But he's a 'donkey'.. He's the shrek donkey..

8. yo

yo Contributing Member

Green is exactly what is NOT a system player - he plays with heart, passion, effort, and those translate into success with ANY team.

9. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I think the Warriors are on the Cavaliers' level without Curry, but they'd get smoked by the Spurs. For the sake of a good WCF and Finals, I hope Curry's back at full strength by then.

But yeah, Green's at least a top-15 player and maybe a top-10. He just doesn't do it conventionally (big scoring). He's something like Scottie Pippen with less scoring and more power or Kevin Garnett with worse scoring and better passing. But, really, there probably hasn't been a player like him before.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You don't win 73 games with a one man show. GS has talent to spare, their second unit would probably make the playoffs in either conference

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Only someone delusional believes the Warriors would beat the Spurs without Curry. Your love for Green makes you undervalue the MVP. Slogging through the Rockets and Blazers without Curry isn't that big a deal. Warriors can go in machine mode and beat lesser teams.

Assuming Curry is back for game 3 against the Blazers and returns to form quickly, the WCF this year will be awesome.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No. Role players on great teams are always overvalued. Play them 30+ mins every game for an entire season and you'd see what they really are. If you took away Curry, Klay AND Green for an entire season, reality would smack that 2nd unit like a ton of bricks.

Think about it: A team with Iggy, Livingston and Harrison Barnes as their top 3 players. They would be on life support by January.

1 person likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agree.

Now Green is absolutely an all-star maybe even close to perennial all-star especially on a good team. I doubt you put him on the Sixers though and it changes their fortunes.

The Warriors are loaded, the two teams they they have played thus far are at best above average. They don't need Curry at all for the Blazers, they can win that series in 5.

14. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

As long as you have one of the best scorers alongside him. If Draymond was the primary ballhandler instead of being a swingman, that team wouldn't be great. He needs a Curry or a Klay alongside him to be truly effective. That being said, he's one of the most impressive players to watch.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Draymond is Moreys wet dream. Very successful tweener forward. He does everything we need from a four.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

He gives great answers when asked about floods.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OP is upset because people say Draymond is a role player? Chill out. People say stupid shizz all the time, especially on the internet.

Hell, there are still people who say Kawhi Leonard is just a "system player". Just let them be, OP, and take comfort in knowing that nothing they say really matters in any meaningful way.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not a system player but an all around great player who will make any team better purely with his intangibles like energy, heart, hustle and effort to go along with his trash talking, media interviews and his huge nostrils which are an added distraction

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's take it a step further and get ridiculous (even though it's not really ridiculous). How many Cs in the NBA would you take over Green?

Keep both ends of the floor in mind.

20. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

It really depends what you need and how your team is built. Defense and rim protection is definitely more important than any type of offense. So let's see.

Assuming my team had quality leadership and I didn't need that

Towns
    Cousins
    Whiteside

Assuming my team needed leadership?

I'd take green first.