1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously Morey, we need SHOOTERS!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Apr 24, 2016.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

How maddening it is to watch Ariza, Brewer, Terry, Bev and whoever get WIDE OPEN CORNER THREES and miss them (in Brewer's case, horribly)?

Why can't we find at least 1 shooter that can get minutes and be in the rotation?

Are we really going to rely on Trevor "only shoots great in a contract year" Ariza, Corey "0-24 and counting OVER THE PAST MONTH" Brewer and Jason "only hits threes when we are down big" Terry to hit threes?!

I understand why Troy Daniels wasn't the answer, and possibly why Canaan and Covington weren't either but c'mon!

Get someone to shoot the basketball! It inexcusable that the offense wants to capitalize on hitting threes and every guard/swingman on the team is shooting sub 36% from three and sub 30% in the playoffss!

Our offense looks like crap and when we can't hit a three it looks miserable. Not even a B-team middle school team has offensive sets this badly.

So sick of this.

2. dmoneybangbang

Look where the warriors are catching their passes. Look how many assists they have. The rockets would look A LOT better making an extra pass.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Man thinking about Canaan again I still don't understand that trade. He would be a decent PG to have right now that can actually shoot.

4. King901

King901 Member

I'm sure he can force players to come here.

5. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Yeah if we don't get a shooter this off season then Moreys time here should be done

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

We need a head coach first, then we need a PG

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Been saying this for 10 years that it is easier to teach good offensive players how to play decent D more than teaching good defenders to play decent O.

Morey has built this team incorrectly.

DD

1 person likes this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Morey just gets who wants to come and McHale doesn't play one trick ponies..Leslie is the worst though. You have to adjust your strategy to your personnel, not force a system you like on any group just because you like it and your analytics geek agrees it's the best way to go.

9. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

Who comes and who goes?

Im thinking Howard is gone.. Jones is been gone. Brewer is going to get traded with probably somone. Enjoy the offseason.

The draft should be the most important part if morey wants to keep his job, and i think he should try to get involved with some picks this june.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I believe his plans are to bring in 3 and D players.

It's just that this whole season everything went down the toilet.

Ariza, Beverley, Brewer, McDaniels. On paper all these guys look like great 3 and D players, but not so much this season or their career.

Only natural 3 point shooter from my memory are Terry, Thornton, Delfino, Troy Daniels, Canaan.

Morey, needs to re-evaluate how he's analyzing the 3 and D players.

#10 mvpcrossxover, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  11. Houston79Astro

Off season priorities
    1. A good tactical head coach
    2. Sign some young shooters to take Brewer and Terry's spots
    3. resign Dmo (if the price is right)
    4. Go after Durant (I know I know "he should be first!!" but we shouldn't have tunnel vision. If we get him HURRAY, but if not?Oh well, Still making the team better.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't understand why it's so hard to get at least a few decent shooters. Morey seems to go out of his way to get rid of them. We lose Parsons and replace him with Ariza who only shoots well in contract years. We trade away Troy Daniels for Corey Brewer. We trade away Isaiah Canaan for KJ McDaniels. We even tried to trade D-Mo and Marcus Thornton for a scrub center we were planning to cut. And when that trade was rescinded, we cut Thornton anyway.

Seriously, it's like our front office is taking an already mediocre shooting ballclub and intentionally making them worse.

13. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

Ideally you'd want a solid shooting playmaking pg and a 3 and D sf in the shane battier/ d green vein. But having said that those players arent easly available.

14. dmoneybangbang

Cannon had a shot to get minutes on Philly and he blew it.

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

[​IMG]

16. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

this is why Morey is so overrated... the guy makes the wrong decision all the time, like too many for someone who is considered a good GM. Before this year's debacle, I've given him all the benefit in the world, but now I just think he's not as smart as people think he is.

17. dmoneybangbang

It's a balance. Do you know how many times we have been out of the top ten in offensive efficiency under Morey?

Parsons has only shoot over 40% from 3 in one season and can't play good defense.

Troy Daniels can shoot but can only manage to get 11 minute per a game because he can't do anything else.

Isiash Cannon can't even stay on the court for the Sixers....

So honestly, I don't know what you are talking about. Shooters who can shoot and play decent defense are rare.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Why do we need shooters?

All we do is shoot outside shots - you don't need decent shooters for that!!

Signed,

Daryl Morey

19. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

the problem is you need at least one or two of those 'shoot only' guys. every elite team has one, we don't.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ariza is the beneficiary of more open looks than Klay Thompson (excluding Klay's games against Houston - because - Rockets defense) doesn't mean it helps him hit shots.