1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone Else Excited For the Astros? (Version 5.0)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by roxxfan, Apr 4, 2016.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

This is my 5th annual installment thread for this season. I am stoked! What are you guys most excited about??

Usually I post this a few weeks or a month in advance, but school has me slacking on my CF agenda. Anyway, can't wait for the first pitch in NY. I'm actually skipping my first class today to watch the game. GO 'STROS!

I am most excited for our young guys to keep pushing on. Hopefully a WS season for the first time in franchise history. Correa, White, TUVE, Colby Jack, LEGGO! I am going to do my best to watch the majority of the games this year. I have become a bigger baseball fan in recent years. I loved the heart, hustle, and intensity that our boys played with last season. Let's hope this rolls over twofold.

GO ASTROS

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let the season begin.

Go Astros!

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wish I could watch today.

Go 'Stros!

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Very excited about this season.. probably the most excited since '05. We have talent everywhere, we're young, and getting better. Vegas has us winning the division, but only 86 wins. White in and Carter out will make a huge difference in the lineup if Tyler keeps hitting. Think of how many 1-run losses we had last season. One upgraded bat could've saved at least 5 of those games. I'm thinking ~95 wins if we can sustain, at worst, average health. Our chances of winning it all is almost too good to be true, and being a Houstun fan, I'm waiting for something to go wrong. Yeah that's negative, but look at the Rockets (and several other instances).

Don't we all ;)

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've been a fan since the 70's and yes, I'm definitely excited about this season. I'm not setting my expectations too high, though. That's what I did with the Rockets this season, so....once bitten twice shy? :)

It's so nice to finally be able to reap the benefits of what this organization has been doing for the last 5 or 6 years. It's been brutal to some of the fans, but pressing 'reset' and building the farm system was the right thing to do all along.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Id be more excited, at least today, if NY had a roof.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Excited for Springer, Tuve, and Correa. If Springer stays healthy and lights it up then I think we're in for a great season. Marwin also continues to improve. Castro hopefully bounces back offensively.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cmon guys yall know you're most excited to see Rasmus shirtless again. It doesn't mean you're gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Big time excited because of all the young talent. I believe Correa is going to become the JJ Watt/Steph Curry of MLB and become the best player in the league. Between White, Reed, and Moran I believe our lack of production at the corners and DH will be taken care of.

I'm really hoping Gomez has a good year and while I believe the starting pitching will regress there are plenty of guys like Musgrove and Martes waiting in the wings and I am anticipating a huge trade at the deadline for an ace.

GO STROS:cool:

1 person likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm off tomorrow. I'll probably stream it. Excited.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its on bspn.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Correa def banged her! ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bryce Harper with an Opening Day bomb! Correa and Harper most exciting young players in baseball right now. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nats?src=hash">#nats</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/astros?src=hash">#astros</a></p>&mdash; Britt McHenry (@BrittMcHenry) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrittMcHenry/status/717091021629362176">April 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The future looks bright in Houston. <a href="https://t.co/GcbsUmuOfn">pic.twitter.com/GcbsUmuOfn</a></p>&mdash; Baseball Tonight (@BBTN) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBTN/status/717403529195991041">April 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Numbers never lie. <a href="https://t.co/iPdvu3CnYw">pic.twitter.com/iPdvu3CnYw</a></p>&mdash; Baseball Tonight (@BBTN) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBTN/status/717431745189163009">April 5, 2016</a></blockquote>