1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible undrafted free agent gems

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by basketballholic, May 26, 2015.

1. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I'll reiterate Quinn Cook and add Michael Frazier II. Very Troy Daniels like and would be a good body to have for Summer League.
    I think Quinn could be a very serviceable player for years. I honestly can't see why he wasn't drafted.

2. Progs

Progs Member

^^^^Yes, even though the NBA is muchhh better scouting players than it was 10-15 years ago. Cook and Frazier bring something of value to the table. Boatwright out of UCONN also. Only 5-11 but is extremely quick.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

Seth Curry, come on down. We could use some shooting-- and making.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know that in addition to his well documented drug history, Robert Upshaw got flagged with a possible heart condition at the draft combine - but I can't believe NOBODY drafted him. The Lakers have already added him to their Summer League roster. I wish the Rockets could have snagged him for the Vipers. I like his shot blocking.

5. basketballholic

Dude got his money. Now he's got a chance to develop on an NBA roster. Good for him. Has NBA level 3&D skills. Just needs to hone them and get his shot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Detroit has signed 38th overall pick Darrun Hilliard to a three-year deal, league source tells Yahoo. Hilliard is a guard out of Villanova.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/621749275479949312">July 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DraftExpress had this kid at #62, undrafted.

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Reddit just reminded me of Justin Dentmon. Watched a ton of his games 2 years ago or so, would be perfect PG fit for the Rockets. He averaged 1,4 points per possession this summer league too.

7. omgTHEpotential

He could be a decent pick-up as a third-string guard for some teams, but not the Rockets. With the acquisition of Ty Lawson our perimeter defense is bad as it is, we can't sign someone like Dentmon who'd get torched on the defensive end as well.

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

That is crazy. Unless you plan to play Harden, Dentmon, Lawson, Jones, Terry lineup. A point guard who can shoot 3s. This guy is a Canaan with Daniels 3pt touch.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Robert Upshaw...Lakers got a steal.

10. basketballholic

This dude has been lighting up the d-league for about a month now. He's not all the way back. Still favoring the injured leg. But he's looking like a legit NBA pg. Got plenty of bounce, athleticism, is passing well, has a nice slick move and looks good in mid-range. 3-ball still needs more work but he's working on it and he's a worker. Defense is NBA ready.

I like this kid more and more. Memphis looks to be signing him to an NBA deal. I would've liked to have this kid around on a non-guaranteed deal for next season. I think if he gets right physically that he could make a breakout at the NBA level. Reminds me some of Denis Schroder with his frame and moves. I'm convinced he's an NBA player and could possibly turn into a true steal.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Shawn Long. Three and D big man.