1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Rockets exploring trade scenarios for Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2oo8, Jul 3, 2009.

1. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing to this. Not true. It came from Justice's commentary when he said "Does Toronto want to give up Chris Bosh now or risk losing him for nothing when he walks away and will be the Rockets top target when he is a FA, blah blah blah." Dont read too much into this.

3. jogo

jogo Member

I don't think Bosh is traded now. We might have a chance at him next year.

I think we're trying to get a PG so we can trade Brooks and other pieces for something. When we get the PG, then we pull the trigger on a Brooks trade. We're trying to trade him while is value is highest.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If Chris Bosh ever because the defensive presence in the NBA that he was on that USA Team, watch out. Hopefully, with us, that's what he can turn into. He's got the athleticism and skills to be something approaching Kevin Garnett.

5. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Bosh would be solid for Houston. I hope we get him.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Don't you think, though, that Brooks would be part of a point guard exchange? Anyone getting rid of a top one is going to want a capable replacement or backup.

7. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

My thinking here could be totally off base, but what use would T-Mac be to the Raptors? Don't both Bosh and McGrady come off the books at the same time? Why would they do this?

8. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Somethings just can't be explained....so, hopefully it happens anyway, even though I would rather have Stoudamire

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It almost sounds like a sure thing that Toronto is hanging onto Bosh this upcoming season.

I thought it was an obvious given that he would be our #1 target the following season.

BTW, teaser thread titles are lame. Or maybe everyone should just make threads titled "???"

10. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I hope toronto would do a trade with us, hell give them landry or scola and lowry i don't care. Bosh is the man!! High energy toughness that we need.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Doesn't make sense unless you throw in other players like maybe Scola for Parker.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Raptors won't do a trade involving McGrady and Bosh straight up. They both expire in 2010.

It looks like we're going to let McGradys contract expire...

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Toronto risk losing Bosh for nothing. Makes sense for them to trade them, not necessarily to us but makes sense for Toronto to move him

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

My question about Bosh is why haven't they won with him when they bring in players like O'neal and Marion, seem to have a better roster than their record but the team doesn't do squat.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i wonder if they would take yao for bosh. short term contract, sells jerseys, brings money and attention to a non basketball market. plus it's not like they'll sign any big names with their cap space.

yao with scola or shane, or landry might work.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Chris Bosh would be awesome, but if they could include Patrick O'Bryant that would be awesome!!!! the only thing is what would we be giving up? :confused:

17. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

that would be a franchise saver. (for us.)

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Houston doesn't have the right pieces to trade, who's Toronto going to want, Scola? Landry? Brooks?.... these guys are all good players, but the Raptors arn't going to get rid of their one allstar for these guys.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Well it worked, didn't it?...??? :D

I sorta have reservations for Bosh as a player to build around, he seems like an Odom/Pau Gasol type of player in which he'll thrive better as a number 2 option. Once Yao gets fully recovered, I'd like for Yao to be the number 2 option and whoever the next franchise player to be the number 1 guy.

20. onreego

onreego Member

Mcgrady and a young asset makes more sense for Toronto. That way they still have the expiring but also someone to build with. Only thing is I assume we'd have to take one of their bad contracts since Mcgradys contract is already bigger than Bosh's