1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Perfect Circle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chump, May 26, 2004.

1. Chump

Chump Member

Anyone going ? (Sat @ The Woodlands)

I saw 'em earlier on this tour in Albuquerque and it was an amazing experience, Maynard was spellbinding. Josh Freese had broken his leg earlier that day but they still played. Josh had to use his left foot on the kick drum, which from what I've heard isn't the easiest thing to do.

I'll be at the Corpus Christi show on Sunday, I am meeting buds from San Antonio down there. Road Trip!

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I have friend that is seeing them in North Little Rock, AR later tonight. I don't know any of their songs, but isn't their lead singer the same guy from Tool?

3. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

One of the highlights of my life was watching a drunken Paz and her equally as fetching and besotted gf wrestle/roll around in the lobby of the club I bartended at while I and a few other of my substance-addled buddies watched.

(Wish we could have participated, but it's all abouy the Phyrric victories, y'know?)

4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

im seein them this momorial weekend at the erwin center in austin should be a good show:)

5. Pezmonger

Pezmonger Member

I'm going. I saw them last year at Reliant. I'm hoping the acoustics will be better this time. The opening act was terrible. I can't remember the name, but they were the same idiots who smashed open a display case at SXSW and tried to play Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar. They were booed off the stage much to my delight.

6. Chump

Chump Member

yes, Maynard James Keenan

7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Im gonna try and see them again this weekend.....gonna buy me some tickets.

8. jiggadi

jiggadi Contributing Member

I will be there on Sat. I saw them at Reliant and although it was cool I had a cast on my leg and was on crutches. Should have a much better time at the woodlands.

9. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

isnt James Iha playing with them nowadays?

10. Chump

Chump Member

yep

Billy Howerdel
    Maynard
    Josh Freese
    Jeordie White
    James Iha

11. Chump

Chump Member

Jeordie White was known as Twiggy Ramirez when he was with Marilyn Manson

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Every time I see something about A Perfect Circle, I think of my favorite REM tune.

Oh yeah, Paz is hot. :D

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'll be there. This will be my first time to see them since they added Twiggy and James. I'll miss Paz's beautiful face, but hopefully the music will make me forget all about her.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have seen tool 4 times and i have never got a chance to see these guys.:(

*for the people that have seen TooL i have a question. everytime i have seen them maynard had a dress and a mask on. i was just wondering if that is true for when you guys have seen them as well?

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

He does'nt wear the mask like he did when I saw Tool. I've seen Tool once and A Perfect Circle 3 times. Everytime he is wearing a long wig and stands out of the spotlight. He does seem to interact with the crowd more and be more lighthearted when he performs with APC.

16. Chump

Chump Member

'

I've seen Tool twice and APC once in the last 2 years and every show Maynard has been standing in the back, in the dark, usually wearing only tiny shorts with different body paints. With him always being in the dark, it has been hard to really see the design of his body paint and every show I have been within 20 ft of the stage

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well i guess the 4 times i have seen them its been a while. probably abut 1995-1999. so i guess maybe he got tired of wearing that stuff.

actually mabye once he had some really short shorts on and a make now that i think about it.

lets put it this way ive never been in the perfect state of mind to remember everything at a TooL show.

18. Chump

Chump Member

haha exactly

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

APC's latest might be my favorite title in the CD box right now...

20. Summer Song Giver

How was the show?